trans code

MustangSteveGT

Buck
Established Member
Here's a breakdown of whats happening. procharged 2v 4.6 mustang with 4r70w auto trans.
last year right before i deployed I started randomly getting a "transmission range sensor" code and "transmission range int circuit" code. the trans is in a limp in mode, its like it wont leave 2nd gear from what i can tell. the computer/electric stuff wont let it go out.
things i've done.
replaced transmission range sensor
cleared codes, codes come back
changed trans fluid
rebuilt the entire trans
aamco can shift through all the gears manually with thier equipment, the trans its' self is excellent and is badass when they got it to work
still codes, clear codes they come back
sent car to dealership to get computer checked and cleared out. dealership found the computer to be working fine. computer is not the problem.
sent car the automotive electric shop. had it checked out. they said all the wiring/signals ect should be good and its not the equipment but yet also confirmed its not the computer either.
their verdict...something with the emmisions system (???) is out of whack and not allowing trans to shift out of limp in mode. (?????)
it passed emmisions a few years back with the current setup, cleaner than it would if it was stock(???)
It's not: the computer, the wiring, relays/fuses, battery/alternator or other ignition/electric compnents or the transmission. what do you guys say?
other pertinent info: this occured less than a month after getting a lot of audio equipment installed and headers.

MustangSteveGT

Buck
Established Member
just got the info from the electric shop faxed to me. they dont know wtf is going on. he was blaming "emmisions related code caused by aftermarket supercharger stuff" another stupid uneducated opinion from a shop. the "emmisions" code was just a running rich code brought on by having the tune wiped off when ford was checking out the PCU. so that shop did nothing for me.
its likely i'll have to ship this damn car down to the city to get checked out by one of the "performance" shops and spend more money on this. but its got to be solved. i've lost all summer on this shit. and winter in chicago is crappy and we're half way into june already. this shit pisses me off to no end.

Users who are viewing this thread