Tranny woes

ArkansasMystic

Established Member
My 96 Cobra has 132k miles. Under hard shifts, about 1 out of 5 times it'll grind and try to kick itself out of gear when going into second. It does fine at regular driving. A member of our local club rebuilds transmissions, he was at the track with me and said it's definitely the syncros. He said I could probably last a while before it completely goes, a good while if I take it easy on the shifts. He quoted $700-$900 for a rebuild. A friend of mine has a new edge GT he's building for the track. He's got the stock t45 that was completely rebuilt about 3k miles ago. He's selling for $500. I'd have to pay to have it installed. Which would you guys do? Thanks!

Camilo

Established Member
For about $5-600 you can get all the parts to almost bullet proof your t-45. A member here make billet forks for $300 a set and you can get carbon synchros and bronze shift pads alond with a basic rebuilt kit for another $2-300 depending on where you get them from.

KazooGS-T

Established Member
For about $5-600 you can get all the parts to almost bullet proof your t-45. A member here make billet forks for $300 a set and you can get carbon synchros and bronze shift pads alond with a basic rebuilt kit for another $2-300 depending on where you get them from.

He would still have to pay for the tranny to get rebuilt. Dropping the transmission is no big deal, unless you have lt's why don't you do it yourself and save a few hundred bucks? Otherwise get a t56.

Users who are viewing this thread