tranny took a dump!

wiz

your daddy!!!
Established Member
sh!t happens in threes!! ??

well the car went on a flat bed today. i was just cruising in 4th w/ cruis control checking to see if i could get it to misfire/sputter after the new o2 sensor install and when i went to downshift to turn a uey the damn thing wouldnt come out of gear. the clutch will engage/disengauge but wont come out of gear. whats next?

stevenscamaross

SVT Pimp
Established Member
wiz said:
sh!t happens in threes!! ??

well the car went on a flat bed today. i was just cruising in 4th w/ cruis control checking to see if i could get it to misfire/sputter after the new o2 sensor install and when i went to downshift to turn a uey the damn thing wouldnt come out of gear. the clutch will engage/disengauge but wont come out of gear. whats next?

I remember this happened on my 02 Camaro SS. It ended up being the synchros.

Steven

stevenscamaross

SVT Pimp
Established Member
When mine got stuck it was in 3rd and I powershifted the 2nd the 3rd at the track and that's where it happened. Was this just a normal shift or...

Hye

Established Member
are you powershifting? i just got my whipple on, im gonna cry if my trans goes south

sometimes an aftermarket shifter can get stuck, atleast its happen to me before at the track.

wiz

your daddy!!!
Established Member
its not the shifter i took it out and it works fine. its the tranny. i was not powershifting at the time.

jeffsvt

Established Member
Sounds like what happened to mine . I recently broke the 3/4 slider key and syncro and it would not come out of 4th gear . After a little while it finally popped out but there isn't a 4th gear anymore . There is only nice ginding noises when even attempting to go near 4th .

wiz

your daddy!!!
Established Member
yeah man, maybe i won the lotto last night. i have to check my tickets:>) oh well its going back together with a new clutch/tranny, 26 spline input shaft, longtubes/off road h, 4lb lower and the ldc cooling mod

Fang

Established Member
wiz said:
yeah man, maybe i won the lotto last night. i have to check my tickets:>) oh well its going back together with a new clutch/tranny, 26 spline input shaft, longtubes/off road h, 4lb lower and the ldc cooling mod

There you go, fight back with more mods! :pepper: :pepper: :pepper: Let me know how you turn out with the lower.

Users who are viewing this thread