tranny swap help asap guys!

gtowncobra

Established Member
ok so i fried my clutch and im just looking randomly on craiglist for whatever parts and i came a across a t3650 is this a direct swap or what? the tranny is only 450 figured i would offer 400 what do yall think

gtowncobra

Established Member
comn guys someone has to know i tried searching but its been retarted and wont let me

fourvalvegt

Established Member
you will need an extended range speedcal because it uses an electric speedo other than that it should bolt right in

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
The T5 is a stronger tranny, I have personally witnessed 10-11sec foxes with slicks and 3.73's that didn't break the tranny. Just don't powershift them and they will last.

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
go with the 3650. much smoother and less notchy. extended range speecal and maybe a crossmember move and spacer is all you will need.

randyp97svt

Established Member
I just put a 3650 in my 97 cobra, its easy. you will need the speed cal, just call Dallas Mustang tell them what you are doing and they will set you up. You will need to make an extension bracket for your trans cross member. What I did was take the exhaust hanger plate, which was not being used because of my X-pipe, cut off the hanger pins, shot it with some paint, flipped it over so the formed edges are facing up, bolted the original holes direct to the trans, measure out the distance for you trans mount drill some holes in the modified exhaust hanger plate, go to Ace, get some 1/2-13 Gr 8 bolts and nuts, Lock washers, and you should be good to go, all the other parts such as the drive shaft and starter should fit with no problems. FYI, the 3650 I got from a guy on here for 600 bucks, I think it had 70,000 miles on it when I put it in and it shifts a ton better then my T-45 ever did. If you have any other questions just shoot me a message. One more thing if you are running cats like I am on my X-pipe don't try to relocate the crossmember on the frame because the cats will interfere with cross member. (learned from living through it)

Users who are viewing this thread