Tranny shifts hard

tomustang

Returning Video Tapes
Established Member
I'm talked about putting it in each gear, it seems like it 'forks' to get into gear, alot more force to get it in.

I don't know who was messing with my car but when I left it, it was fine..

tomustang

Returning Video Tapes
Established Member
I left it with my dad, he then stopped using it so when I came back the trans ends up having a hard time getting it into gear.

The clutch grabs nice, nothing about the clutch system seems bad while I'm driving it.

If the clutch isn't disengaging al the way would that mean pressure plate is bad?

Last edited:

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
Man I have the same thing. Its been like that for a year now. It's really hard to shift in and out of gears. I've tried a few things, and nothing worked. Oh well it's still working as of now. I go to the track once every 2 weeks. Still no problems. Good luck trying to fix it.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Stock Clutch adjuster? Try pulling the pedal up with the top of your foot till it clicks.. Also check your shifter bolts and bump stops..

tomustang

Returning Video Tapes
Established Member
Stock Clutch adjuster? Try pulling the pedal up with the top of your foot till it clicks.. Also check your shifter bolts and bump stops..

They whole system has stock components.

Still kinda lost on how other items can affect the shifting? I am a newb at manual trans so give me a break :-D

The bump stops are internal so how can I check them?

Oh, and I checked the bolts on the shifter and all are tight

Users who are viewing this thread