Tranny Rebuilds...

Shambles

Fetch the COMFY CHAIR!
Established Member
Ok, well my T-45 is being a little bitch as of late, and I have a hunch that I might need to rebuild it very soon. Anyone here have any experience in cracking trannies open and rebuilding them, as well as the tools and so forth? I dont, and looking at the instructions on how to take care of it, I would be of assistance, but I doubt I could do it on my own without someone who knows what they are doing around me.

Anyone know of a good place I could take this thing to get rebuilt for a good price or possibly someone who here who has rebuilt trannies before?

Shambles

Fetch the COMFY CHAIR!
Established Member
They are my current choice for the rebuild kit, dunno about if I want a pro shop to do it or attempt to do it with a MACAer.

mikeD4V

Established Member
i spoke with a guy from southern maryland last fall that rebuilt his own, he said other than it being time consuming and having to build some special tools for the job it wasn't terrible. hanlon's site has a pdf file of it disassembled for reference. i have the article at my house somewhere which i think talks about the tools you'll need. i'll see if i can find it when i get home..

predator

Established Member
mikeD4V said:

He is the best. I have spoken to him on a few occasions. He knows his stuff and works on transmissions for all kinds of racing. Very meticulous and very clean with everything he does. The only drawback is that it is sometimes hard to get in touch. Just make an appointment and get it done.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
MTShambles said:
They are my current choice for the rebuild kit, dunno about if I want a pro shop to do it or attempt to do it with a MACAer.
Billy (Wiseguy) is a dang good tranny mechanic. Little ways for you Chris but he'll do it right for a very fair price.

Users who are viewing this thread