Tranny problems!!!

SVT_2000Contour

Unloading it in your GF!
Established Member
Alright so this morning I start the car, everythings fine. Then after two stop lights my first gear goes out? I can't even get the damn thing into first. I'm like ahhhh f*ck, then at the next light the whole damn shifter freezes!! The only thing I could do was pull it back into second gear. Now comes the weird part. After I get the car rolling, all the gears come back into play except first gear. Basicly when I'm sitting still the gear shifter won't move at all!!!!!! Only place it will go is back into second. Guys I'm stumped on this one. Please help!!
:mj: :cryying:

nemitz

Nemesis Enforcer
Established Member
Welcome to my world of numerous tranny problems. Last time my car was in for a clutch,(5th one), they changed the shifter cables as per a TSB that I wasn't aware of. Could be that! I've seen our trannys stripped, there built like tanks except for the input shaft. Good luck anyways, keep us posted on what the problem is.

Daeron

Established Member
synchros might be jacked up as well, but I'd check the shifter cable first and make sure it is adjusted properly before delving into the insides of the tranny :)

nemitz

Nemesis Enforcer
Established Member
i checked my work order, under the shifter cable it says TSB 04130A. the part number is 7395A. Hope that helps. It was a surprise to me when they had to change it.

JAYMONEY

Established Member
On the second day of owning my SVTF, I lost all gears in my tranny. I had it towed to the dealership, and the problem was a clip that broke. I don't think that's your problem, but DAMN, these trannies seem to be troublesome. I haven't had probs w/the tranny since. But it still pissed me off to have my car towed to the dealer on the 2nd day of ownership. :cuss:

Primaris

Established Member
JAYMONEY said:
On the second day of owning my SVTF, I lost all gears in my tranny. I had it towed to the dealership, and the problem was a clip that broke. I don't think that's your problem, but DAMN, these trannies seem to be troublesome. I haven't had probs w/the tranny since. But it still pissed me off to have my car towed to the dealer on the 2nd day of ownership. :cuss:

The "clip" you are talking about is on the cable not the transmission. Nothing happened to your transmission.

JAYMONEY

Established Member
Primaris said:
The "clip" you are talking about is on the cable not the transmission. Nothing happened to your transmission.

The "clip" still caused the tranny not to operate. I know the "clip" is not on the tranny, but it still caused the tranny not to operate. Therefore, it's still a tranny problem. :bored:

Users who are viewing this thread