Train TPMS Sensors

FastPhil7

Established Member
Trying to train the sensors since I installed the winter shoes, but cant get the car in program mode, anyone know how?

I tried the ignition on/off brake pedal three times, but no luck, also car has the MYKEY (push button start) system, the procedure may be
different for this system, any help would be appreciated. I have the tool to train the sensors in hand, just need to get it in the learn mode.

Thanks in advance

Phil

Last edited:

typhoon5000

Established Member
I would just try disconnecting the battery for awhile letting everything reset/relearn itself instead of trying to fiddle with a programmer, otherwise I would talk to a dealer on the procedure. Usually the tire shop that mounted them can do this for you too.

FastPhil7

Established Member
Tpms

Thanks,
the tire shop had the trainer, we just could not get the car into the train mode in order to utilize the tool, seems it must be a different method with the My Key system, plan to take it to the dealer next week.

Phil

st4ng07

Established Member
I currently work at a ford dealer, all you should need to do is cycle the key 3 times 3rd time with key on depress brake pedal, let off and then cycle key 3 more times leaving key on. Horn should beep then start with passengers front, passengers rear, drivers rear, drivers front. Hold sensor fob 180 degrees from valve stem. That should be the proper procedure.EDIT:sorry forgot about mykey system. Ill check tomorrow for ya.

Last edited:

FastPhil7

Established Member
MY Key

I have finally sorted this out, for the intelligent access key (push button start) its the standard procedure, but you simply must hold the start button in for two seconds without your foot on the brake in order to simulate turning the ignition on, and then push the start button again to turn it off. otherwise just follow the post above.

It took a while to sort out how to turn the ignition on and off, and its not in the manual, hope this helps out someone else.

Thanks for the posts guys.

Philip

Mustanganatic

FOG
Established Member
When I put my Blizzaks on in the fall, I got into the training mode no problem and the whole thing took a minute or two. This spring, it took me about 6 or 7 tries just to get into the training mode.

Users who are viewing this thread