Trailer Wiring Bracket Question

92GreenGT

Turbos FTW!!!
Established Member
When doing some searching yesterday for Shackle How To's and info I ran across someone talking about moving the trailer wiring bracket "back" and it gives it a cleaner look. Anyone have pics of this? I'm guessing you just take the bracket off and drill a new hole and bolt it back on. I don't want to delete the hitch at this point but I may later, wouldn't mind doing this mod now though if it does give a cleaner look.:beer:

txyaloo

Established Member
When doing some searching yesterday for Shackle How To's and info I ran across someone talking about moving the trailer wiring bracket "back" and it gives it a cleaner look. Anyone have pics of this? I'm guessing you just take the bracket off and drill a new hole and bolt it back on. I don't want to delete the hitch at this point but I may later, wouldn't mind doing this mod now though if it does give a cleaner look.:beer:

I just loosened the bolt and flipped it around the other way. You can't see it from the rear of the truck, and it's easy enough to flip back around if I need to tow something.

92GreenGT

Turbos FTW!!!
Established Member
I just loosened the bolt and flipped it around the other way. You can't see it from the rear of the truck, and it's easy enough to flip back around if I need to tow something.

Interesting, maybe that's what the poster was talking about doing. Not real sure, how does it look from the rear with it flipped like that?

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
I moved mine to an empty hole up under the frame. You couldn't see it unless you laid on the ground.

92GreenGT

Turbos FTW!!!
Established Member
You really can't see it unless you're down low.

You're right, I just went out and flipped it. I think I'll leave it that way for now, did you re-route any of the wiring?

Here is what mine looks like after flipping it around:
nowiringhr2.jpg

txyaloo

Established Member
You're right, I just went out and flipped it. I think I'll leave it that way for now, did you re-route any of the wiring?

Here is what mine looks like after flipping it around:
nowiringhr2.jpg

Nope, I left all the wiring the way it was. That way, when I need it, I just have to flip the plug back around. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread