Trailer/equipment painting

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
So my winter project at work this year will be refinishing all of the trailers and both F550 box trucks with a fresh paint job. 2 years ago they rattlecanned everything with rustoleum and well..it looks like crap. The owner's one demand is it must be red.

I'm looking for recommendations from anyone on what products to look into for a long lasting durable finish. The company is a landscape company and trailers are used for everything from hauling Bobcats and tractors to full loads of mulch and dirt. They are run into objects, and generally not cared for very well since the majority of employees are low paid and just don't care.

I like POR-15, have used it before on undercoatings and frame restorations, but in order to get it red I will have to apply a top coat. The costs of the base coat plus top coat is just too high for painting trailers.

Krylon Industrial Alkyd Enamel sounds promising, but I can find no real world reviews. Hammerite looks like a good product but what I've found on costs is still a little too high.

I'm almost thinking an implement paint would work best for the application, just want guidance on where to look and what to look for in a product. I will have 4-8 people helping with the preparation. Plan on doing a wire wheel, degreaser, power washing, and a good solvent wipe down prior to paint.

Users who are viewing this thread