Trailblazer SS

dsrtdukone

Hurts when I pee
Established Member
Well I bought a new ride. Yes, I know that the JGC SRT-8 is faster, but I got this one for $33,781 out the door (that's with tax and title), plus I want to be able to haul my boat. It's AWD, with every available option except the navigation system. It seems pretty quick for a SUV, especially out of the hole.
100_1267.jpg

100_1268.jpg

100_1262.jpg

I like the wheels, but I think I'm going to remove some of the badging. I don't like the look of the little square "GM" emblems. Performance wise, I think I'll leave it stock...............for at least three or four days. I've been told that these wake up a little with a tune and a real exhaust (the single exhaust on this thing is a joke). I'll probably wait a little while before I go real big. I haven't decided if I'll go H/C/I or FI for my long term goal. Does anybody have any opinions of the Magnuson superchargers?

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
To be honest I like these much better that the JGC SRT8. I just think they look cleaner. Nice ride & great color choice :beer:

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Get those stupid square GM badges off and it'll look great. Also, I'd suggest driving it for awhile before doing a tune, because many guys seem to destroy transmissions. Just warning you. I still like them better than the GC though.

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
Nice truck! My buddy at school just bought a black one, he took me for a ride and honestly I wasnt really impressed. I expected 400 horsepower to feel much more powerful. Still a sick truck none-the-less.:beer:

04SLOBRA1

RESPECT IS EARNED
Established Member
congrats! I am also concidering buying a TrailBlazer SS for a dd cause I finally paid off the old slobra on Friday and my dd is a p.o.s. but reliable. If you don't mind me asking was that for a brand new or leftover ? also I am a government employee and eligible for X plan discounts, did you have any discouts the same or similiar? again congrats and I would take one over a srt8 any day.

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
Truthfully, I like the Trailblazer SS. I'd rank the exterior as good, if not better than the Jeep SRT. The price is much more entertaining, as well. The only thing I don't like about the Trailblazer SS is the interior. I looked at one at the local show and thought the interior was too cheap for a $30,000+ vehicle. However, I find that generally speaking, all Chevrolets tend to have cheap looking interiors.

That said, if the interior ain't falling apart and doesn't rattle, I can deal with subpar material quality and layout for a good price and an exterior look that I'm comfortable with.

Love the color and the wheels. I'd say, "Good Deal!"

c0dy

I...Need...Speed
Established Member
Very Nice! I'm sure Eddie (blades) can tell you how to wake it up if you're interested.

Users who are viewing this thread