Trailblazer SS beating!!!

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
In the Lightning yesterday with the AC on. TBSS comes up at 45MPH which is a weak spot in my L. We both hit it, and he pulled just a little. We make a turn around and get to a light!!!!! I now have the AC off, I hear him raise the RPM's a little so he can launch.....When the light turns green, we both come out hard....I was ahead right off the bat, and put 1/2 truck length by 20MPH.... by the time I let off at 65MPH, I had more than a truck length in between us!!!!

I was happy with the win, but very unimpressed with the TBSS. I like them a lot, but for a 6.0L 400HP truck, it didn't hold a candle to my truck.....I don't know if it was AWD, but he did not spin the tires at all. I had very little tire spin as I had to feather the gas twice.

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
No, it really felt sluggish, I had the AC on, I think he did too....it was 97* at this time and his windows were up like mine....I like a 60MPH roll personally.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
It's been hot as hell in the midwest so far this year. Mid 90's in early june is a bit abnormal.

My truck was running like a slug this weekend, temp was reading 99 ><

ducman996

Established Member
My wife has an awd TBSS. Stock they seem week in the TQ department off the line but they are decent from a high speed roll. He was reving it at the line because they have a big lag if you just stab the throttle from an idle. I think they would be aswome with a KB. The LS2 likes to rev for a somewhat large cube V8.

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
Yeah I have a 6.0L in our 05 Chevy2500HD that we use for delivery services. That thing is fast an it is an HD with a huge lift gate that weighs over 300lbs. Anyways, it does pul nicely in higer RPM's. What do the AWD's vs. RWD's run at the track??

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
You can get them in 2wd version as well.

Don't under estimate that SS...he may put a few mods on it and that race could be the other way around. LSx motors respond to mods just as well as Lightnings.

96grimreaper

Established Member
The awd is about a tenth or two tenths slower than the 2wd only because of the extra weight. Those TBSS's with some bolt ons are very mean. There was one here in town running low 12's N/A with awd. very mean on the street. I have a couple friends that have them and they are nice sleeper.

TXRickC

Established Member
My wife took her 2WD TBSS to the track earlier this year-
13.79 @ 98.23 mph w/2.10
322.5whp & 330.2wtq
It's stock minus a car seat.

On a hot summer day I'd say a stock TBSS vs a stock L would be a good run.

04sonicL

Established Member
I had a younger guy that looked to be my age in one yesturday along side of me in traffic rev at me when it came to a stand still at a light. Pisses me off we couldent get a couple runs in, traffic is horrible in Myrtle right now. Figures like the third race in over a year with the L never happend.

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
I hate when that happens......I always see TBSS's going the opposite direction, and they are always staring me down, finally I got one, and beat one!!! Next time I see one in the opposite direction, F-it, I am pulling a Uy and chasing them down and laying another beat down!!!! hahahaha

job1

Established Member
I ran a AWD from the dig, no contest for me, he had a bottle, I had all throttle

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
guy around here had one of the fastest street blazers in the country, until he blew it up.

chiz

93 COBRA

Established Member
Good Kill. :thumbsup:

Another guy here that owns both, our SS is awd. Stock Vs Stock the L wins hands down.

100_2204.sized.jpg

100_2197.sized.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread