Trading the 03 Cobra...

LeathalSVT

Sinister
Established Member
For a 04 Mystichrome!:rockon: Hell I wasn't even really looking to trade my car but there going to sell it to me for $28,900! I couldn't belive the had the thing discounted $10,000, now I have to spend my day tomorrow de-modding the 03, I'll be going out there today to finalize the deal and have them appraise my trade. :beer:

VETTKLR

Established Member
Hell yeah, dude! That's badass!!!

I got mine down to $32,000 a couple months ago. I've wanted one since they started showing up on showroom floors, and I thought this was my only shot.

Congratulations!

LeathalSVT

Sinister
Established Member
I know when he said $10,000 off my jaw hit the ground, this thing has been in the show room or just plain inside 90% of the time they've had it. I too have wanted on since the came out but wasn't going to pay $38,xxx or more for one, so I made the deal on the 03.

sevendust127

Established Member
Originally posted by LeathalSVT
For a 04 Mystichrome!:rockon: Hell I wasn't even really looking to trade my car but there going to sell it to me for $28,900! I couldn't belive the had the thing discounted $10,000, now I have to spend my day tomorrow de-modding the 03, I'll be going out there today to finalize the deal and have them appraise my trade. :beer:

You must be cornholing the owner of the dealership. If what you post here is true, they are losing money on the sale of that car.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I just got my TR 04 for $29,000 so you got on helluva deal. :beer:

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
WOW....I'm jealous! When I bought mine 03 left over in May, they had a mystichrome vert....I could have picked it up for $42K OTD....which was 10K more then I could spend!

LeathalSVT

Sinister
Established Member
Re: Re: Trading the 03 Cobra...

Originally posted by sevendust127
You must be cornholing the owner of the dealership. If what you post here is true, they are losing money on the sale of that car.

I'll do whatever it takes to get the best deal possible! :lol: I wasn't able to get out there so they could look at my 03 but I talked to the salesman several times and asked "your sure this is the Mystichrome, he assured me it was. This is the same dealer that I bought my 03 from and they cut me a hell of a deal on that as well. :)

SlvrFox04

Established Member
Good luck on trading in your 03..My son was going to trade it in his Black 03 until they offered him only 21,000.. They told him no one wants an 03 in trade because of the 05 body style and the demand for the new GT..I hope they give you what you need..My son decided to keep the 03 and and continue to Mod it

LeathalSVT

Sinister
Established Member
I hear ya, that will be the only deal breaker if they don't come pretty close to a good number for my trade, we'll see what happens Monday.

IDAREU

Banned
I was going to trade for a mystic vert in sept. They gave me $27,000 on trade for a 3000 mile vert. The where selling the mystic vert for $38,200 plus a $1500 dealer rebate and I could of taken a 72 month loan at 0%. So it would of cost me $11,200 + $924 in sales tax - $1500 dealer rebate=$10,624 / 72 months=$147 a month on a car payment.(btw the 03 Cobra was paid for) It just did not make sense for me to do this trade even for a mystic vert.

Last edited:

TK Doom

Established Member
What is the deal with all these 72 month loans?

Yikes!

I've never had a car loan over 4 years, 6 years is just tooo long to paying for a car.

Sailing2Smth

Smooth Ass Sailor
Established Member
Originally posted by LeathalSVT

Damn thats a helluva deal man, congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread