trading my truck straight up for another truck and bike should i do it?????

Parkin Lot Pmpn

Established Member
I have a 2001 silver L with 75,000 miles on it...kbb puts it at 12,490 selling value.....i wanna get rid of it because it was stolen and is now a theft recovery vehicle....so now a friend of mine wants to trade me staright up for his 2002 chevy avalnche 4wd with 120,000 miles on it tow package...kbb puts it 9,480 selling value...plus he is giving me his motorcycle with the deal..a 2004 gsxr 750.....the bike has 30,000 miles on it tons of upgrades and everything is new on it......i would prolly say i could get 3,000 selling value for it.......

here the kicks i already have a 06 gsxr 1000 and my truck was recently stolen and recovered...what would you do?

Parkin Lot Pmpn

Established Member
zzz60.jpg

zz778.jpg

themadgnome

I don't talk stock
Established Member
What were the mods on the L? Also, how good of condition was it recovered? These are things you should take into account. Yea you COULD get that kinda money for the Avalanche and the bike, granted you find a good deal on a L. I guess the real question is do you want to go through all the trouble of starting over? If that's not really a problem, then yeah, go for it.

Parkin Lot Pmpn

Established Member
nothing was wrong wiith it when it was recovered nothign sotlen out of it....today they caught the guy...anyways a body shop is replacing the front seat cause it has a burn hole in driver seat, painting the pass door it had a key mark.....2 new tires cause the rear ones were a lil tore up...other then that is is fine...they retumbled my locks and gave me new keys an everything is done by nationwide...they are also cutting me a settlement check duno how much yet...anyways my truck had lfp traction bars, intake, #6 lower sct tuner....all in all mods totalled 2700...i had to get all my receipts for insurance so i know that number is exact.

04SVT-L

Established Member
dude 30,000 miles on a bike is ALOOOT! esp if he rides hard. does he do alot of wheelies? did u hear it at a cold start up and listen to the valves? i work at a gm dealer and andretti powersports. that avalanche isnt worth much and they are junk. make sure that the avalanche had the lifter replaced, intake gaskets replaced, trans rebuilt or replaced and transfer case replaced. also the rear. cuz if it hasnt ur gona have problems! and be spending some money. now about the bike.. he will never be able to get anything for a bike that has that many miles and esp if hes got shit done to it because it was obv beat on. and make sure he got the valves adjusted every 9,000 mi on the bike. very imp! its up to you. maybe by you its diff, but in jersey that truck and bike aint worth poop

Icyhot

Established Member
I agree. Avalanche is a piece of poop. Keep your truck and buy a Busa. Then when you go to the track you can run both.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
you dont want the truck anymore due to the recovery? if you arent planning on selling it then who gives a damned..unless your insurance has gone thru the roof stupid high id keep the L and not even sweat it.

Users who are viewing this thread