Trading in L for a Harley?

Ralph50

Speed Addict
Established Member
I'm in the process of trading my 2000L in for a 2002 Harley? Is there anything I should look for, besides the obvious used car issues, when I find the Harley? Thanks

Ralph50

Speed Addict
Established Member
How hard are Lightnings to steal besides just being towed away? Doesn't the key have some kind of chip? I had a beautiful 96 Impala SS that was stolen and wrecked that also had the chip in the key.

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
Just like any other used car.Look it over very well, test drive it and maybe have it checked by a mechanic. I went from a 2002 L to a 02 HD and love it.

Joe

686raptor

need a twin screw
Established Member
sold my 2000 L and got a 2003 harley. needed more room for the kid. good luck on the new purchase

EnglishAdam

Established Member
Just look for exactly the same things that you would look for on the L.
It's pretty much the same apart from the upper pulley/tune, shocks and the extra doors of course.

Good luck with the purchase.

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
Swapped my L for an 02 as well. :thumbsup: They're so similar to the L that you probably already know what to look for specifically. There are a few options that were offered with the SCrews that weren't available for standard cabs like power adjustable pedals, electronic climate control, heated seats, power sun/moon roof and I'm sure I'm forgetting some. Make sure they all work of course. The only things I had to fix on mine when I bought it were the driver's side seat belt height adjuster and I had to get a set of new plugs (one was burnt enough to cause a miss at near WOT. The factory tune is pig rich). Good luck with the hunt. :beer:

03hdsc

make sure it has been taken care of....one of the first and most obvious things is the leather interior...if they did not take care of the leather they probably did not care to much for the vehicle...also the back fenderwells....i almost bought a 03 hd from a franchise dealer in Raleigh NC until i looked in the fender wells and seen like an inch thick of nothing but rubber built up...so i then just came back to good ole Fayetteville and found my almost brand new 03 with brand new leather and no rubber in the fender wells...Good luck.....

Dbl G

Develop-Mental
Established Member
Ralph50 said:
How hard are Lightnings to steal besides just being towed away? Doesn't the key have some kind of chip? I had a beautiful 96 Impala SS that was stolen and wrecked that also had the chip in the key.
Yes they do and yes they can swip it just as easy...

Users who are viewing this thread