Trading for a 2010.....Post here

War Eagle

Established Member
I thought it might help some of us if we can compare information as we try to negotiate a trade on a 2010.

I made an offer this morning of $1,000 over invoice on a Grabber Blue with a trade in allowance of $40,000 on my 2009 with 500 miles on it and was turned down as the dealer had an offer at MSRP (This was the one on Ebay).
I went by my local dealer who will be getting six but has a history of selling way over MSRP and made him the same offer on one of the six he will be ordering.

We discussed trade values and he told me that they are as follows:

2007 $33,000
2008 $37,000
2009 $40,000 to $41,000 (depending on mileage and warranty remaining)

The Edmunds site shows the 2008 at $37,385 and private party retail at $39,606.

Here is a link to pull your own trade and retail values

Used vehicles, used car prices, used car values at Edmunds

I am in no hurry and $1,000 over invoice is all I will pay right now and later on in the year when they start piling up on the lots I will reduce that offer amount.

I think 2009 is going to be a really rough year and the 2010 models will eventually be selling at invoice.

Steve

Last edited:

jshen

Established Member
I like the 2010 - but local dealers here stink. Let us know about what you get in Fla....I can go there if price is right.

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
please tell me you are referring to trading in your current GT500 for a 10' Gt500?? Not just a GT :shrug:

War Eagle

Established Member
please tell me you are referring to trading in your current GT500 for a 10' Gt500?? Not just a GT :shrug:

Roger that, I am trying to trade in my 2009 GT 500 that has less than 600 miles on it. I would have waited on the 2010 if I had know more about it when I bought the 2009 on 12/05/08. That mistake will cost me $4,000 to $6,000 at least.

Steve

War Eagle

Established Member
I like the 2010 - but local dealers here stink. Let us know about what you get in Fla....I can go there if price is right.

Will do,

I wish we had a web site where Dealers and Buyers could get together and the buyer could post what he wanted to pay and Dealers could review and pick offers they wanted to work with or post what deals they could offer.

Steve

maniax racing

Established Member
Will do,

I wish we had a web site where Dealers and Buyers could get together and the buyer could post what he wanted to pay and Dealers could review and pick offers they wanted to work with or post what deals they could offer.

Steve
Shit Steve keep em both:beer:

ff500

Established Member
I think it might be a good idea to physically see the car before buying, you may not like it seeing it in person.

SpectorV

Established Member
trading in a vehicle 90% of the time is a bad move, they will not pay you what it is worth as they have to resale it and make some coin, or at least come even~ some may give you good deals but ive yet to see it.

War Eagle

Established Member
Shit Steve keep em both:beer:

Wish I could but I am allowed to have only so many "toys". I plan on buying a SS Camaro later this year and I still have to replace the aircraft that I sold back in August. I just don't have enough cash to be able to keep two GT 500s. My wife and I have always agreed if I can't pay cash for one of my toys then I can't buy it. We have been married 36 years and that philosophy has worked well for us.

I normally don't trade cars, I always do a straight sale with cash as I did on this GT 500 but I believe in this situation with the $2,600 tax factor I may come out better taking $40,000 as a trade and just get it done.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread