Traded the Cobra for.........

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
a 2004 Cadillac XLR in crimson pearl. What can I say, I liked my Cobra, but once you climb into the XLR and take a spin all I can say is it's worth every cent.

itproca

Established Member
Sorry to see you leave. I'll keep the blower ready for the XLR.

Take care...

****Speed is all I need to get the blood pumping****

EatonMe

I'm sure it's nice, but $76,000 nice? I can't imagine spending that much on a Cadillac.

To each his own, I guess. Congrats with the trade.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Nice ride , but for that much money you might as well spend *Cough Cough another 20 k and bought the SL!...LOL
Sweet car!

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
I was able to pick the car up on the GM-S Plan for $68 grand and change. They also treated me pretty well on the Cobra which I did not want to hassle with trying to sell myself. Let's face it, the Cobra market is just too saturated right now.

In comparison, the 2004 model year for the XLR contains to date 1,523 units, with 2,800 being the target number for the entire model year.

I looked at the SL's, Jag and the SC430 but you have to try one first before you can really compare for the price. They all have great features, but the Caddi is quick, has a better hard top and looks way better both moving or sitting still.

:beer:

KosherCobra

Established Member
Sweet car, nice to see that the US is making a high dollar, high end type car. I know it's built off of the C-6 but it's sweet. The only drawback I heard, is that it has thin tires compared to the SL.

My car that I loved is the XKR with the 6 spped auto and the upgraded Alcon brakes with the 20" BBS wheels.

I'll be looking for a lease return within the next 2 years or so and try to pick one up.

mswaim

Dark Side Poster
Established Member
Originally posted by KosherCobra
Sweet car, nice to see that the US is making a high dollar, high end type car. I know it's built off of the C-6 but it's sweet. The only drawback I heard, is that it has thin tires compared to the SL.

My car that I loved is the XKR with the 6 spped auto and the upgraded Alcon brakes with the 20" BBS wheels.

I'll be looking for a lease return within the next 2 years or so and try to pick one up.

Sweet choice, good luck. There are tons of really nice cars out there on lease programs. If you know someone who spends time at the auctions you can pick up some nice deals when the come through.

Users who are viewing this thread