Traded My 98 Cobra for a used(new to me) 2003 Cobra what do you think?

King Cobra 2000

Established Member
Recently I traded my baby( the 98 Cobra) for a used,but new to me.black 2003 Cobra coupe. Monday my dad and I test drove it. And on Tues. every thing was finalized. The car was at Town East Ford in Dallas,Texas. They gave me $5,200 dollars for my trade in.Also I put down an extra $1,500 down because I have soso credit. Any ways I will be paying $480 a month. I 'm not really tripping about the money. Because I have a job and me and my brother have our own business. WWW.egetmore.com.Also I'm only 22 with a good record but still I know it's going to be high.

Let me know if this was a good choice.:beer:

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
How many miles were on the 03? I mean, I would consider it a good choice as long as it' wasn't a ragged out Cobra.

How much was left on it after your trade in and down payment? You probably could have gotten more for your car if you sold it personally. (assuming it was in good shape)

But if your happy, who cares? You got one of the badest machines out there now!

:beer:

Last edited:

Mugger

Don't beat 'em, MUG 'em!
Established Member
I think the dealer screwed you really good! $5,200 for a 1998 Cobra? You could've easly sold it for twice that amount on your own. Congratulations on the '03 you'll love the car!

snakevenum96

Got Boost?
Established Member
Congrats on the purchase but only $5200 for a trade in on a 98 cobra..geez..I would have gave you that much straight up, if not more.

smokedbystang

Established Member
Originally posted by Mugger
I think the dealer screwed you really good! $5,200 for a 1998 Cobra? You could've easly sold it for twice that amount on your own. Congratulations on the '03 you'll love the car!

That's what I was thinking. $5,200 for a 98 Cobra is a steal. They will sell it for $12-15,000 depending on how many miles were on it.

But.....you will love the '03 Cobra!!!!:beer:

King Cobra 2000

Established Member
Not really because I had 83,000 miles on it. It was in decent shape with a couple of sctraches on it. I if you were me I be happy cause I wasn't expecting to to get more than 4500.

King Cobra 2000

Established Member
But tha Cobra was priced at $27,500, but we talked them to 26 even. Also the car had only 4,400 miles on it because it was a demo car.The car looks,sounds and run good. I can't wait to see how hp it has.

Please give me some tips or any information I need to know about my Cobra. :)

yellowcobra98

Originally posted by Mugger

i traded my 98 cobra in on the L and got 12000 for mine

smokedbystang

Established Member
Originally posted by King Cobra 2000
But tha Cobra was priced at $27,500, but we talked them to 26 even. Also the car had only 4,400 miles on it because it was a demo car.The car looks,sounds and run good. I can't wait to see how hp it has.

Please give me some tips or any information I need to know about my Cobra. :)

As long as you are happy it doesn't matter what they gave you but dealer trade-in value with 83,000 miles is roughly $8,000. I think you could have done better but like I said earlier you will love the new Cobra.

Keep reading these forums for tips and info. There is plenty to learn here. Soon you will be modding it. Just have fun with it and be safe.:D

Also, call 1-800-ford svt (I think that's the number) to get your build date and #.

Last edited:
awesome.....I don't think I could ever sell/trade in my 98, I love it way too much, they screwed you on the trade in though, you could of sold it privately for at least 9-10k:(

Flo

Wishing For a Notch
Established Member
Ouch!!! I hate it when i see dealers screw people!! I have seen brand new 03 go for what you paid! Man that sux, but ill stop telling you now cuz you will probably start feeling bad. So Congrats on the ANIMAL!!

King Cobra 2000

Established Member
Fellas I know I screwed up please. Just let me enjoy my new ride. To tell you the truth I'm not really worried about and so shouldn't you. :)

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
King, awesome car you got.. (I'd have gotten Sonic Blue or Silver) but black isn't bad..

but according to www.nada.com (reputed to be the most accurate "bluebook" ) a 98 Cobra coupe with 83K is worth 10,225 trade in and 12,475 retail...

Users who are viewing this thread