Traded in the cobra.

Trader

Established Member
After alot of research i found out ford had the best compact suv out there for the 25k range. I got it for invoice and 0.0 % for 36 months. Got shafted on the trade in. 27,800 10k miles on it. Some lucky bastard will get a well taken care of cobra with qmp lt headers.

escape%20001.jpg

escape%20002.jpg

escape%20003.jpg

Trader

Established Member
LOL, it was this or the other choices i had for a small SUV. Got to give ford credit though they have won the small SUV contest.

Other choices were, honda crv,subaru outback,nissan xterra and toyota rav 4.

Bonus. My wife can drive this one, so know i can buy a trailer for the formula and she can use this while i use her truck for the track.

After 10 months and some cash trying to make the car look better and sound better, I still just could not dig the cobra. Fast car, but maybe in another color??? I dunno.

Last edited:

coleman

Established Member
unless that cars got 390 HP ... how did you expect all of us to react!?!
i hope you're joking!

if you have to, you have to, but don't expect us to agree with you.

Jim Vaccaro

Established Member
Best of luck with the Escape..They are nice Vehicles...
Sometimes you have to be Practical..1 fast hot rod is enough for most !!!

03 Red Cobra

Established Member
WHY would you trade the Cobra in for that thing? Did you happen to notice that under the rear, those 2 things they call lower control arms are about as thick as a twig. Not very reassuring if you happen to go off road which I'm sure you will not go. Oh well, at least you stuck with Ford.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
I considered buying an escape. I went with an Explorer instead AND I still have my Cobra.

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Originally posted by Sonic Blue 2003
Oh well, at least you stuck with Ford.

Just because Ford makes a nice car ('03 Cobra) doesn't mean the rest follow suit. GM makes some nice vehicles too. I don't discriminate between auto makers like some. I never really understood the movitation behind that.

Trader

Established Member
:p could have came home with an import. ;)

Only offroad it will ever see is snow going to and from work at all odd hours. I live in the city. Almost went and got a STI, but then again i would have had two performance cars and that just is not right for the times right now. :shrug:

The cobra needed to be opened up, needed to be taken to triple didgits. Not logical to have two fast cars. I was a big ticket waiting to happen.

I saw this s2000 pull out near my house when i was on my way to work at 0100. I sped to catch up to him. And caught a red light. Just as the light turned green i was about to gun it and i saw a cop comming the other way.

Would have gotten a ticket if i did not catch that light.

drag tcket=me loose my license to practice nuc med in this state=me looking for new line of wokr.

Was a wake up call, an expensive one i will admit. But if i can admit i can not control myself with the speed, than i have to get rid of the fast car. Hurt? Yup.:shrug:

Trader

Established Member
Damn tough crowd.

Still got my number one baby though.

eemc2.jpg

and my wife will not bug out when i need to take her truck to trailer the formula to the track. She can drive the little truck to tool around town. ;)

yukon2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread