Traded in the 10th Anni. Cobra for a....

PudgeTheMidget

Established Member
2014 Focus SE. I got a new job some distance away and the gas mileage just wasnt going to cut it for me. I managed to get $15k trade in on the cobra and had a bunch of equity in it so my payments are actually cheaper now than before as well!

Anybody know of any non-ST aftermarket distributors? Excited for a few mods! uploadfromtaptalk1405703809182.jpguploadfromtaptalk1405703828699.jpguploadfromtaptalk1405703845455.jpguploadfromtaptalk1405703864986.jpguploadfromtaptalk1405703876876.jpg

TClark22

Established Member
Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

At least you stayed in the family...

I still don't get why people do trade ins...you never get as much as you could selling it. Especially on a 10th...must have had a lot of miles if they only gave you 15.

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
I agree with the poster above. Don't spend money on mods since this will rack up significant miles. It will be a disposable car. Good luck with her.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Why are people so worried about what someone else does with something THEY paid for. For some people the hassle of selling privately isn't worth the time you spend with tire kickers, low ballers and people just trying to get a test drive. It's a waste of time.

The only thing this car is a downgrade on is the power. Well, I don't like hatches, so that is kind of subjective.

polock4life

Established Member
depending on sales tax rate the trade is worth a little more than $16k. I agree that unless it had very high miles that the private party sell is the best choice. However, there are many people who can not afford to be without a vehicle as maybe it is their only vehicle and they feel like trading is their only option. Best of luck.

As mentioned don't put much money into the focus considering you can buy a new SE with leather for under $18k off the dealer lot before TTL

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Sounds like you made a decision necessary based on your circumstances. Those Foci are nice cars to cruise around in, quite, decent pickup and great mileage.

My advise would be to stay away from any modifications. If it's a commuter car, you need it to be reliable. Even minor modifications can hamper the car's ability to do that.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
Any pics of the cobra? Oh and what dealership to you trade with? Parkway Ford?

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Not to mention i'm sure Ford is like anyone else... once you start modding, by by warranty.

That's why I got rid of my 2012 WRX. I drive 100 miles a day just for work. I was STG II (in WRX terms) and worried every day I smelled something off or heard a noise that wasn't familiar with. It's a big headache to worry about that shit. My '15 WRX is more than perfect for me at this point. an extra 40-100hp is not worth the hassle for a commuter car. As is most cars on your commute will be slower than you anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread