Traded for a Z...

WraithCobra

Don't want a GT500
Established Member
Not my Cobra, it's not going anywhere until I get a good look at the '07 Cobra. My SO traded the Pathfinder in and bought a 350Z Roadster Enthusiast. We knew we'd still need a daily driver winter beater and were going to wait until the fall, but found a good deal on a used '03 Ranger Edge 4X4. The 350Z is Nice! I haven't got to drive it yet, I'm letting him enjoy it for a while before I test out that auto stick. He's never drove the Cobra either, but that's because he doesn't drive stick and prefers an auto. The fit and finish is light years ahead of my Cobra, and the sticker on the Z Roadster was $140 LESS... Not saying I'd trade the Cobra for one, I love having 400 horses on tap, but that 3.5L V6 is Sweet! It's essentially the same engine that was in the Pathfinder (240hp/265tq) rated at 287hp/274tq.
The Ranger's in really good shape and was factory loaded with the 4.0L V6, anti-lock, alloy wheels, tonneau cover/bed-liner, tow package, and some other stuff. It also has 26 mo./20,000 mi. of factory warranty left. Our Pathfinder had also been used on the rare occasion we needed to have room for 4 adults, but the Cobra can do that in a pinch, and pinched they will be in the back seat. The Ranger has the Super Cab with the extra little doors and jump seats, so if someone doesn't like the back of the Cobra they have a choice. (not much of one, but too bad)
Oh well, I'll still be enjoying the Cobra but it'll be nice to be able to
keep the miles down and visit the pump less often.

Edit: Added Pic

e99709d8.gif

Mike
Silver 10th Anniversary Cobra Coupe

Last edited:

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
Cool!
Personally, I don't care for the Z's styling so much - I' choose the Infiniti G35 over the Z (same chassis/engine/etc...) I think it looks better and the useable rear seats is very nice to have...
Meh, personal taste...
Anyways, take pics!

SVTHorsnake

Banned
the Z is nice, but there's 3 reasons why it's $140 less:

Acceleration
Braking
Skid Pad

... don't be so surprised!

enjoy the car:beer:

LocoGT

Banned
Originally posted by WraithCobra
Not my Cobra, it's not going anywhere until I get a good look at the '07 Cobra. My SO traded the Pathfinder in and bought a 350Z Roadster Enthusiast. We knew we'd still need a daily driver winter beater and were going to wait until the fall, but we found a good deal on a used '03 Ranger Edge 4X4. The 350Z is Nice! I haven't got to drive it yet, I'm letting him enjoy it for a while before I test out that auto stick. He's never drove the Cobra either, but that's because he doesn't drive stick and prefers an auto. The fit and finish is light years ahead of my Cobra, and the sticker on the Z Roadster was $140 LESS... Not saying I'd trade the Cobra for one, I love having 400 horses on tap, but that 3.5L V6 is Sweet! It's essentially the same engine that was in the Pathfinder (240hp/265tq) rated at 287hp/274tq.
The Ranger's in really good shape and was factory loaded with the 4.0L V6, anti-lock, alloy wheels, tonneau cover/bed-liner, tow package, and some other stuff. It also has 26 mo./20,000 mi. of factory warranty left. Our Pathfinder had also been used on the rare occasion we needed to have room for 4 adults, but the Cobra can do that in a pinch, and pinched they will be in the back seat. The Ranger has the Super Cab with the extra little doors and jump seats, so if someone doesn't like the back of the Cobra they have a choice. (not much of one, but too bad)
Oh well, I'll still be enjoying the Cobra but it'll be nice to be able to
keep the miles down and visit the pump less often.

Mike
Silver 10th Anniversary Cobra Coupe

I need a better job

QUIKAG

Established Member
Mike (WraithCobra),

You say SO, but then you also refer to 'him' several times. Are you gay? If so, that's cool, but I'm a bit confused.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
.....yeah me too.....:dw:

Originally posted by QUIKAG
Mike (WraithCobra),

You say SO, but then you also refer to 'him' several times. Are you gay? If so, that's cool, but I'm a bit confused.

mx_9

Established Member
Um, why are you confused? He wrote what he wrote.

I think the 350Z is sweet looking. I've yet to see the track edition...is it noticibly different from the outside?

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
Yeah, probably is. Why does it matter?

As per MY understanding the track edition looks no different, it just has more performance oriented springs/shocks/tires, etc...
touring is the middle ground...
etc etc

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
I had a RX7TT in the mid 90's heyday of Jap rockets. The 300zx TT, Supra, and GT3000's were all a little more "hard core" then the newer 350 is. It seems to be more of a jack of all trades, master of none type of car. But it is a good car for the money, has some decent flash appeal and performs fairly well. If you're not a race track-junkie, it's a great urban sports car. Fast enough to make you smile, sexy looking and sophisticated enough you can take it to a black-tie outing.

Last edited:

LBguy

must get stronger!
Established Member
Originally posted by KevinB120
If you're not a race track-junkie, it's a great urban sports car. Fast enough to make you smile, sexy looking and sophisticated enough you can take it to a black-tie outing.

Well put.

svtguy22

Established Member
i wish i had that pic that was posted about 2 months ago with a 350z on 20" rims, looked awesome!

good luck on the z!

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Originally posted by mx_9
Um, why are you confused? He wrote what he wrote.

I think the 350Z is sweet looking. I've yet to see the track edition...is it noticibly different from the outside?

My brother's Track Edition came stock with 18" wheels, I don't know if the other ones do or not. It also has some nice looking dual exhaust tips in the back. The seats are also black and silver leather, which I think is only on the Track Edition. It has a lot of cool options on it, like a programmable shift light, etc. I don't know if those are available in the other models though. All in all, I think it's a pretty badass car. I know it handles very very good.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Originally posted by QUIKAG
Mike (WraithCobra),

SO stands for significant other and he posted that he was gay inthe gay marriage thread. All that matters is that he drives a Cobra.

WraithCobra

Don't want a GT500
Established Member
I added a pic to the thread starter, first time I posted a pic.
I don't know much about the different model options but the coupe is either a base, enthusiast, performance, touring, or track and the Roadster is either enthusiast or touring. Oh yea, I "am" so let's get back to talking about cars.

Mike

spinscan

Established Member
My nephew has a 350Z coupe. I drove it and it has too many blind spots for me.
He drove my Cobra and when he came back all he could say was "wow".

Speedylifsavr

Established Member
My Brother , A long time mustang enthusiast , like me , just sold his Blown 93 hatch and bought a Z . I was disappointed but respected his decision . It is a nice little car . Very well put together and handles like a go-kart . Its got some get up and go too....287HP , and its coming from a NA V6 . I keep bugging him to run me in the Cobra but he knows he's get spanked . But all in all a nice little car .

USAOwnz

I don't even know now!
Established Member
Originally posted by T-Bolt
SO stands for significant other and he posted that he was gay inthe gay marriage thread. All that matters is that he drives a Cobra.
Well that's cool with me.

Users who are viewing this thread