Trade the Cobra for an SRT8

nothingelse

03SilverSnake
Established Member
So I was thinking about trading the Cobra in for one of the new Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8's. I seen one the other day on the road and fell in love with it. I really like the styling of it and the fact that it is pretty fast for an SUV. I am undecided at this point but it was a thought that I am pondering. Don't get me wrong I love my cobra but I barely ever drive the damn thing. I have a Mercury Mountaineer 1998 that is starting to fall apart and I was kind of thinking about getting a new DD. So I was just wondering if anybody here had any thoughts on the Jeep. Have any of you rode in one? I may find one to test drive but for now I wanted some people's thoughts. :beer:

nothingelse

03SilverSnake
Established Member
Yeah that is what I figured, but my current DD has a 10 year old 5.0 and well gas mileage is probably worse than the SRT8 lol.

dogmush

Established Member
Yeah that is what I figured, but my current DD has a 10 year old 5.0 and well gas mileage is probably worse than the SRT8 lol.

GC SRT8 gets 11/14 mpg. If your 5.0 is worse then that get a tune up. I didn't really like the GC SRT8 When I rode in one, but that's really subjective. A test drive is the only way to see if you'd like it.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
GC definately gets LESS THAN 11/14mpg. ask a few guys on here what they get--they will probably chime in, in a few minutes.

i'm waiting for the next GC SRT8 with the bigger hemi--if that never comes out, then i will get a used SRT8 once i move to wisconsin next summer

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
There's a guy around here that has the SRT Jeep. It sound mean as hell when ever I drive past him, looks mean as hell too.

webleedorange61

GO HORNS!!
Established Member
From being an owner of a SRT8 300c and a 03 cobra, id deffinitly reccomend a SRT8 for a DD. I have driven the SRT8 GC and its AWESOME from 0-75ish then i feel like it falls on its face. Overall its a great car.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Great truck as said above (way better than the Trailblazer SS), but the gas mileage is horrible. I have a 2000 Exploder 5.0 with AWD, and I get 19 on the highway. Mine is an awesome DD, and I would definitely say just keep your Mountaineer and just drive the Cobra more. Why don't you drive it? Are you keeping nice for the next owner?

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
There definitely badass, but i think the MPG is closer to 7 city 10 highway. The EPA numbers are under very controlled conditions. Acceleration is done somewhere near 3.3m/s and the average is around 8+ m/s.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
I was looking at the jeep before I bought my caddy but the MPG killed it for me.

stvdman

Established Member
If you NEED a change to an SUC for a daily driver then go for it. If you dont, save the money and keep the Cobra.

Are you having kids or something? Or are you just feeling like changing for the sake of changing?

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
They are sweet looking I really like them a lot. Possible future acquisition.

yellowbra

Established Member
GC definately gets LESS THAN 11/14mpg. ask a few guys on here what they get--they will probably chime in, in a few minutes.

i'm waiting for the next GC SRT8 with the bigger hemi--if that never comes out, then i will get a used SRT8 once i move to wisconsin next summer

Where abouts in wisconsin are you moving too??

Fourcam330

Established Member
There definitely badass, but i think the MPG is closer to 7 city 10 highway. The EPA numbers are under very controlled conditions. Acceleration is done somewhere near 3.3m/s and the average is around 8+ m/s.

WTF are you talking about? I drive my Jeep as hard as anyone and get 11.5 in mixed driving, 14 pure highway. 7??? Come on LOL.

FWIW I've had mine for close to 2 years and love it as a daily driver.

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
WTF are you talking about? I drive my Jeep as hard as anyone and get 11.5 in mixed driving, 14 pure highway. 7??? Come on LOL.

FWIW I've had mine for close to 2 years and love it as a daily driver.

I have seen 9 with my uncle's GC. But like you say, 11'ish seemed to be about average from my few times with the vehicle. So awesome, love the GCs. Wish the Trailblazer SS came with a six-speed auto, might make things more interesting between the two.

Users who are viewing this thread