Trade my cobra for this cobra?

oxfordcobra3

Established Member
I was contemplating on trading my 03 OW Cobra with 50k for this SB cobra. Mine has a solid axle swap and is fully bolted, compared to this one which is a race car lol. Just want to hear thoughts and opinions from you guys. Here's the link:
http://www.bbcmotorsports.com/used/Ford/2003-Ford-Mustang-b6592b840a0e0a6b3c8b741fd54e271e.htm

Pics of my OW Cobra
uploadfromtaptalk1455469170260.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1455469203336.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1455469249921.jpg

Last edited:

badjuicedgt

Established Member
The diff between yours and the one you are looking at is you can drive yours anytime you want the other one you wont be able to,and your going to have to do pre and post drive checks to make sure nothing has loosened up or sprung a leak.I guess you kind of have to worry about that with any car but no matter what things are going to break.Personally I would keep your car and be able to drive it anytime you want,plus I am kind of bias I didn't like my turbo car I had because of the boost lag I like having the power right away,and I know it was just my set up and there are ways around the lag but that's just my 2 cents.Plus your car is gorgeous.

oxfordcobra3

Established Member
They offered me a great deal, trading mine in and getting that one. The real reason is that I didn't think I could take it out on any given day like I do with my current one. I only drive mine once a week and never in rain, has drag radials on it anyways. Also it didn't seem as clean looking as mine. But the power was insane! 700hp low boost and 984 on high boost.

dpj99cobra

NC Mustanger
Established Member
It's all comes down to how you use your "toy" car. If you're into the dragstrip scene then that turbo car would be great. If you're into pleasure cruising, car shows, road trips and general drivability then stick with your very pretty OW. A tow vehicle and trailer might also come into play for track fun with it.

Personally I wouldn't trade mine for a race setup car but that's me. I like to turn the key and go not spend a lot of time making it go.

Good luck in the decision.

svtrookie

Established Member
I would keep your car. That looks like a headache vs a car you can drive whenever. Just my thoughts! Good luck either way.

Users who are viewing this thread