Trade 99 Cobra for Terminator?

SVT Kev

Established Member
I've got a 99 Cobra coupe with 85K miles. The local Ford dealership just got an 03 vert with 6,500 miles. I'm interested in trading, but don't want to get completely screwed. What would be a fair deal? Thanks

03cobrasonic

Don't try to trade it in to a dealer unless you want to bend over the desk, they will rape you. My suggestion is to try to sell it to an individual first and than bargain for the 03 at the dealer. I was in a similar situation when buying my 03.

good luck

adam

Established Member
I agree with hook'em but it all depends on how quickly you are able to sell your current Cobra. Everyone always says to sell the vehicle out-right but that can be easier said than done at times. When you do sell the vehicle the 03 you want could be gone.

cito

Official Kumho Shredder
Established Member
I always set a target price for the car I am going to purchase and the car I am going to trade in. If they don't get within a reasonable amount of that (typically $500 difference total) then I walk. I use edmunds.com as a starting point and usually want the highest possible (within reason) for my trade and to give the lowest possible (again within reason) for the car.

If your 99 is modded, take off all of the mods and sell them. The dealer is not going to give you money for them.

My 2 cents...

Users who are viewing this thread