Traction suggestions

farmboy90

Established Member
Hi guys,

Can you all give me your thoughts on how to increase traction on the 2013 Shelby? Set tires aside for now, I am asking about other suggestions.

Also, when you give your suggestion, please keep in mind that I would prefer if these mods were "handling friendly". Meaning, I know can change the rear geometry to make it stick, but at the sacrifice of handling. I am not sure I want this. So maybe I have no options here, but just thought I'd ask the experts. :)

Thanks!

Jroc

Established Member
Yeah, I saw those. But won't that mess up the geometry in a way that adversely affects handling?

No.

The geometry will be the same unless you get adjustable ones, it's just that the stamped OEM lower control arms are POS. Good LCA's will improve everything about the car.

Steeda 2005-13 Mustang Billet Rear Lower Control Arms - Made in the USA 555-4405 555-4406

BTW with that said good LCA will help with traction and wheelhop, etc, but I can tell you that a new GT500 will likely keep it's traction issues until you go at it with some sticky tires. Tires are what contact the road, but if they can't hook up the power, then they just can't hook up the power, and you will have to go with something sticker that can.

Last edited:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
as far as I know, it definitely helps eliminate wheel hop under hard acceleration, which is something we do often. That helps get power down. Also check out a watts link type system, there are a few available out. You got springs and panhard already so keep going, maybe do relo brackets too, which help in future mods and will allow bigger meats to fit on with no issues

farmboy90

Established Member
What are the differences between all the kinds of LCAs? I see spherical, poly, adjustable, non-adjustable, etc.

GreggsSVT

Established Member
What are the differences between all the kinds of LUCAs? I see spherical, poly, adjustable, non-adjustable, etc.

Spherical = rigid (race) noisy
Poly = soft & quiet Will allow movement are more geared for street use

Adjustable - you can adjust for the track etc...

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
I think the Bob's Auto billet LCAs are of the poly variety and the ones I am planning to order.

Users who are viewing this thread