Traction issues, need advice

MADRUSSIAN

GET FAST OR DIE TRYING!
Established Member
2011 gt500 at around 840-900 rwhp. Just changed gears to 3.27 from 3.73. I barely ever go to track so most of the time car ran on the streets. I don't dig it often, every now and then. Most issues I have is hooking up from 40 roll. Would love to make it work from 40 with power I have. So here is my rear set up: bmr adjustable panhard bar, lca and steeda uca, steeda adjustable anti roll bar, frpp lowering springs, stock svt pp shocks, moser axles, 3.27 gears, 28x13 hoosier qtp tires. So only thing left stock is shocks really. Will getting adjustable shocks make major difference? ??

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

SirShaun

Established Member
What about an LCA Relocation kit? It will allow you to change the angle at which the LCA's take the "hit". I am running mine in the lowest hole, which seems to be favored for acceleration.

Adjustable shocks definitely will help. Viking Double Adjustables gave me confidence I had never had before on the stock crap years. I dynoed around 700whp, since changed to 3.73 gears, and the stock goodyears work in 3rd as long as it is warm out.

I can actually feel the car settle into a sqwat, and plant the power down in the rear now. Where as with the stock shocks, it was no sqwat, it was just max their range out and spin.

You mentioned QTPs as well which are Bias Ply correct? I've heard Bias Ply's do not hook as well on unprepped surfaces when compared to radials. You could always try a set of Hoosier Drag Radials and see if it gets any better.

I could use first gear with a 325/50/15 Hoosier Drag Radial.

Last edited:

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
What about an LCA Relocation kit? It will allow you to change the angle at which the LCA's take the "hit". I am running mine in the lowest hole, which seems to be favored for acceleration.

Adjustable shocks definitely will help. Viking Double Adjustables gave me confidence I had never had before on the stock crap years. I dynoed around 700whp, since changed to 3.73 gears, and the stock goodyears work in 3rd as long as it is warm out.

I can actually feel the car settle into a sqwat, and plant the power down in the rear now. Where as with the stock shocks, it was no sqwat, it was just max their range out and spin.

You mentioned QTPs as well which are Bias Ply correct? I've heard Bias Ply's do not hook as well on unprepped surfaces when compared to radials. You could always try a set of Hoosier Drag Radials and see if it gets any better.

I could use first gear with a 325/50/15 Hoosier Drag Radial.

What part# for your Viking shocks, what are you running for a strut?

What brand Relocation bracket and Control arms, solid poly?

SirShaun

Established Member
Front struts are still stock. I have been waiting around for Viking to release something. At this rate it may never happen, because I have been waiting awhile. Rumor mill had them releasing something in Summer 2015. Here we are Summer 2016.

I ordered the Viking Double Adjustable Shocks from JPC. Sometimes you can find them on sale for $300 for the pair.
http://www.jpcracing.com/viking-2005-2014-gt-gt500-boss-double-adjustable-rear-shock-pair/

I went with BMR everywhere else courtesy of VMP.
BMR Lower Control Arm Relo Kit (Bolt On) - I have since had them welded as well when I replaced the rear end.
http://www.vmpperformance.com/BMR-05-14-Control-Arm-Relocation-Brackets-Bolt-p/bmr-cab005.htm

BMR REAR LOWER DOUBLE ADJUSTABLE CONTROL ARMS - ROD END
http://www.vmpperformance.com/BMR-05-14-Lower-Control-Arms-Dbl-Adj-Rod-Ends-p/bmr-tca020h.htm

BMR UCA Mount
BMR Adjustable UCA (Poly)
BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar (Poly)

MADRUSSIAN

GET FAST OR DIE TRYING!
Established Member
I do have lca relocation brackets. I might try out new mt pros once qtp are done.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

devilish64

Established Member
Front struts are still stock. I have been waiting around for Viking to release something. At this rate it may never happen, because I have been waiting awhile. Rumor mill had them releasing something in Summer 2015. Here we are Summer 2016.

I ordered the Viking Double Adjustable Shocks from JPC. Sometimes you can find them on sale for $300 for the pair.
http://www.jpcracing.com/viking-2005-2014-gt-gt500-boss-double-adjustable-rear-shock-pair/
img_160622_043537.jpg
saw these on Instagram yesterday so you should have another option

Joewee500

Established Member
I'm a bit shy on your power level but the Viking shocks and dead hooker springs made a big improvement with my car. I have 3.55 gears with MT SS tires and it almost always hooks from a 40. If I had 3.27 gears I'd imagine hooking wouldn't be a problem even from a dig.

SirShaun

Established Member
Viking B326 "Crusader Shock"
The rebound side has 22 available position of adjustments that generate a progressive curve, while the digressive compression has 19 positions of adjustment, for a total of 418 different valving combinations.

Viking B226
These shocks give you 19 positions of compression and 19 positions of rebound for a total of 361 different valving combinations.

They both consist of 5/8" centerless ground, hard chrome plated piston rods, Precision Machined pistons with PTFE | bronze piston wrap. Same warranty and both rebuildable.

Unless you are record hunting, they are not worth it IMO. Looks like you get 3 more rebound settings, and that's about it. If you are record hunting you should probably be on coil overs or using a lot more expensive strut/shock combo. I doubt you will ever find their limits/hit a wall with either choice.

I believe the instructions also have some recommended settings to start adjusting from as well. If I recall correctly, BMR Tech on this site was willing to watch recorded launches and provide feedback on dialing them in for track use.

Last edited:

Blackmax

Established Member

I went with BMR everywhere else courtesy of VMP.
BMR Lower Control Arm Relo Kit (Bolt On) - I have since had them welded as well when I replaced the rear end.
http://www.vmpperformance.com/BMR-05-14-Control-Arm-Relocation-Brackets-Bolt-p/bmr-cab005.htm

BMR REAR LOWER DOUBLE ADJUSTABLE CONTROL ARMS - ROD END
http://www.vmpperformance.com/BMR-05-14-Lower-Control-Arms-Dbl-Adj-Rod-Ends-p/bmr-tca020h.htm

BMR UCA Mount
BMR Adjustable UCA (Poly)
BMR Adjustable Panhard Bar (Poly)

Those Viking shocks are $300.00 because they are not the Crusaders, you need the 326's for anything over stock power.

BMR Tech 2

The Warriors are good for up to around 600-700 RWHP. Anything over that and you will most likely want to go with the Crusaders. Not only do the Crusaders have more adjustment settings, but they also feature different (more aggressive) valving than the Warriors.

What hole are you running on your LCA brackets?

You may have to pull some power on the bottom end if you're trying to race on the street. Suspension can only do so much for you when you're running on a non-prepped surface, especially one that has dirt, rocks, oil, and other crap all over it.

WHT03SVTCOLO

Established Member
The Warriors are good for up to around 600-700 RWHP. Anything over that and you will most likely want to go with the Crusaders. Not only do the Crusaders have more adjustment settings, but they also feature different (more aggressive) valving than the Warriors.

What hole are you running on your LCA brackets?

You may have to pull some power on the bottom end if you're trying to race on the street. Suspension can only do so much for you when you're running on a non-prepped surface, especially one that has dirt, rocks, oil, and other crap all over it.

Thanks for the clarification. How are the dead hooker springs for the street? Or just go with lowering springs for better ride?

Users who are viewing this thread