Traction issue solved!

Dalpilot

Established Member
Switched to Continental Extreme DW 285/35/19s vs 295/30/19 Michelin PS2's. No other changes were made. The Conti's grip like no tire I have ever ran and it was 27 degrees here today with no sun. With the effective ratio being 3.74 vs 3.73, it has little effect. But with the 295/30s, I had an effective gear ratio of 3.87 which exacerbated my traction issue further.

Continental, nice work. :beer:

Slowlyrolling

Established Member
I'm suffering from traction issues...as in spin at 60 issues...do you think the suspension work you have done heavily aided in your traction? or are the tires the main helping point.

LowNSlowNeon

Established Member
I'm suffering from traction issues...as in spin at 60 issues...do you think the suspension work you have done heavily aided in your traction? or are the tires the main helping point.

Bald stock tires?

I had the oem ones that were pretty worn and I'd spin at 35ish or so with little mods.

Dalpilot

Established Member
The tires made all the difference. They were cheap too and have HUGE reviews on tire rack and any site that reviews tires. I paid 243/ tire. Waaaaaaay better than the stock Pirrellis. I tried to do a burnout yesterday and they just pushed the pirellis along. LOL.

On a side note the suspension work I did do has made the car far more solid and The ride actually improved with no noise one would expect from the bushings.

I need a few more days to verify it but I swear it stiffined up enough to help the stock shifter fibd the 2-3 shift. Can't say why unless the body moves around less know from the drivetrain.

Last edited:

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Yeah, I looked again and it said $243. A link on my phone had them for $221 for some reason

Action Bronson

Established Member
Thanks for the feedback...I'm still on the oem tires, but once they wear out I'm switching to the Conti extreme contact dw's in a 275/40/19 size. Can't wait!

OneSlowV

Established Member
I spun at 70 the other day lol. And im on the stock 255 Pirelli P zeros. Under 40 degrees my car will not hook up at all and plenty of rubber left on the tire.

Quesplosive

Atomic Snake #3
Established Member
Was going to try these tires, but I ended up just getting rims as my Christmas gift to myself. I needed a dr. Everything I read about them seemed to be nothing but good though.

Dreams2Reality

Established Member
Switched to Continental Extreme DW 285/35/19s vs 295/30/19 Michelin PS2's. No other changes were made. The Conti's grip like no tire I have ever ran and it was 27 degrees here today with no sun. With the effective ratio being 3.74 vs 3.73, it has little effect. But with the 295/30s, I had an effective gear ratio of 3.87 which exacerbated my traction issue further.

Continental, nice work. :beer:

What kind of a burnout did you do with the DWs? Did you keep it short like you would a normal/stock street tire or did you do a longer one like you would a drag radial?

Dalpilot

Established Member
How are they in the curves compared to the PS2's?
Mike
Haven't pushed them hard yet, it has been cold here, 20's. I tried the dws first, (yes, a snow tire), it actually had more grip than the DW but the cornering was mushy. The Reviews on these two tires are amazing and I agree. I switched to the DW and am very happy so far. Much better looking tire too.

What kind of a burnout did you do with the DWs? Did you keep it short like you would a normal/stock street tire or did you do a longer one like you would a drag radial?

Just a quickie. The front Pirelli's were being pushed in a ditch. :dw: when I wear thise out I will go DW all the way around. According to the reviews they handle almost as good in wet as dry. I only wish they made them in a 295/35.

Users who are viewing this thread