Traction controll

bmitchell373

Established Member
What is the difference between Advance track sport mode, and full advance track off? I never tried the double tap till tonight, and it said Advance track sport mode. I always would hit it once, turn traction control off then hold it for 8 seconds and advance track off would show. So whats the difference in the two?

kingnut

Established Member
Im not 100% sure but both need to be turned off. Car drives so much better with them disabled.

alex12gt

Established Member
Just shut them both down ive just notice one tap lets you spin a bit but starts killing the car when you get it sideways

M3_Dust

Established Member
I have no problem spinning the wheels and doing full sideways drifts with the advance trac fully enabled.

atistang

Established Member
What is the difference between Advance track sport mode, and full advance track off? I never tried the double tap till tonight, and it said Advance track sport mode. I always would hit it once, turn traction control off then hold it for 8 seconds and advance track off would show. So whats the difference in the two?
basically one tap kills traction control, stability control is still on so if you get a little sideways then it will kick in and do what need to be done to straiten you out
sport mode is like the above just will let you get a little more sideways before it steps in
every thing off is what it sounds like
Just shut them both down ive just notice one tap lets you spin a bit but starts killing the car when you get it sideways

i seen my friend leaving his parents house after work one day, so i stopped hit the button and dumped the clutch in 2nd, after about 30ft or so it went from boiling tires to bogging. i figured it out after that lol

DRIVINGLESSON

Established Member
Don't know about you guys, but in sport mode I notice a steering vibration. When I notice it, I can hit the traction control button and the vibe goes away.

bmitchell373

Established Member
I found it in the owners manual, missed it when i did initial read when buying the car. For me its 1 tap for a race, full disengage for any real spirited driving.

SicShelby09

Banned
same here!

i thought it was just me

This is because your steering feed back is firmed up, for "sport steering". You are going to get more vibration because the electronic steering is firmer and will not absorb the road imperfections as much. The car will wander less too with it in sport mode.

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
This is because your steering feed back is firmed up, for "sport steering". You are going to get more vibration because the electronic steering is firmer and will not absorb the road imperfections as much. The car will wander less too with it in sport mode.

@ ^ this

Hold it for about 6-8 seconds if you want to really man up. that shuts EVERYTHING off.

atistang

Established Member
Don't know about you guys, but in sport mode I notice a steering vibration. When I notice it, I can hit the traction control button and the vibe goes away.

same here!

i thought it was just me

@ ^ this

Hold it for about 6-8 seconds if you want to really man up. that shuts EVERYTHING off.
just to be clear, you 2012+ guys, we are not talking about the steering mode, we are talking about the stability modes that you disable with the traction control button

B7BlownSnake

Established Member
just to be clear, you 2012+ guys, we are not talking about the steering mode, we are talking about the stability modes that you disable with the traction control button

Yes, but when you are in Sport Mode, the steering mode is locked in Sport, That would explain the difference in steering feel/vibration the others were talking about.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
Yes, but when you are in Sport Mode, the steering mode is locked in Sport, That would explain the difference in steering feel/vibration the others were talking about.

This, sport mode and advance track off lock the steering into sport which is the firmest steering setting available. You do get more feedback in sport mode or full off.

As far as getting sideways sport mode shuts it down pretty quickly if you start to go sideways, while full off will let you put it into the wall if your not careful.

SicShelby09

Banned
You can roll your eyes all you want Vette boy but the owners manual does have some pretty good info in it.

Yeah no shit man. Thats exactly what I was agreeing with.....duh. I have that page in the 11-12 manual in my photobucket for just this type of thread, and I have posted it several times. The page is right out of the manual......

Untitled3.jpg

scotmach

Established Member
Yeah no shit man. Thats exactly what I was agreeing with.....duh. I have that page in the 11-12 manual in my photobucket for just this type of thread, and I have posted it several times. The page is right out of the manual......
I apologize then. I interpreted your post wrong.

atistang

Established Member

oh, i didnt know that.

what about with everything off? still sport mode or any mode you want?

Users who are viewing this thread