Traction control..!!!

STACKZ89

Established Member
Hey fellas, any of u guys having your traction control turn right back on after u turn it off (and turn off advance track) ??? A few times now I'll shut everything off drive a little hard not enough to spin tires and boom it turns itself right back on! I've had in come on within a minute of turning it off!?

Larsonator

Established Member
Mine used to do that exact thing. The car had around 20k on it and I turned everything off just about every time I drove it. I'm at 43k and it hasn't done it in a long while, but I stopped turning the whole advance track off, and just turn the traction control off now.

sleek98

Established Member
had it happen a couple weeks ago when I was out playing with a buddy. Turned it all off then did a first gear hit spun and it turned itself back on.

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
I'm pretty sure a dyno shop can shut it OFF for you. Folks have done that.
You might also be able to do that with your tuner. But then it's always OFF.

STACKZ89

Established Member
had it happen a couple weeks ago when I was out playing with a buddy. Turned it all off then did a first gear hit spun and it turned itself back on.

That's exactly what's happening so annoying... I don't really want to turn it off permanently just incase I got caught in rain or drive it in a colder month here in ny but this system turning itself back on is really annoying especially when u wanna smoke up the block lol

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Is it designed to "turn itself on"? If so, that's not noted in the owner's manual.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Even when you turn it off, it is still monitoring the driving situation and will turn itself back on after a while or immediately if you get into the throttle then abruptly get off and/or go for the brakes. Mine used to do it all the time, especially when it was stock. Sometimes now it will still either turn itself back on after I've been playing or it'll pop up a message saying "SERVICE ANDVANCETRAK" and pop up the traction and stability control MILs on the dash.

LD5050

37OH55V
Established Member
Maybe the new GT500 will have a second, "Traction Control Really, REALLY Off" button...

The current feature where it turns itself back on should be called AUTOSAVE in the manual

Last edited:

C.Stanley

Infidel
Established Member
Mine does it pretty commonly. I can turn it off in the staging lanes and it will pop back on or say "service afvancedtrac" during the burnout. It's very annoying and the only sure way is a secondary tune for the track which turns it completely off.

C.Stanley

Infidel
Established Member
What happens when it comes back on while your doing your burnout?

If it just comes back on you have to stop and turn it off again. If it says "service advancetrac" you have to turn the car off and hope it resets or reload your tune. If you cannot see it and wonder why your car felt sluggish on the pass lol

STACKZ89

Established Member
If it just comes back on you have to stop and turn it off again. If it says "service advancetrac" you have to turn the car off and hope it resets or reload your tune. If you cannot see it and wonder why your car felt sluggish on the pass lol

I'm thinking just have it turned off in the tune that way I never have to worrie about it! I mean who really drive their SHELBY with that shit on lol

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Wow. This is not good news. The last thing I want, when I'm driving with it off, is to have it intervene at the wrong time, causing a wreck. I want to be in control, not the ECU, and don't want to be second guessed. There was a video of a Ferrari going into a pond. The driver (pro), said the car got confused as he was apexing across some sand, and the pulsing of the brakes kept the car straight (into the pond), versus around the bend as the driver commanded. Off should mean OFF!

STACKZ89

Established Member
Wow. This is not good news. The last thing I want, when I'm driving with it off, is to have it intervene at the wrong time, causing a wreck. I want to be in control, not the ECU, and don't want to be second guessed. There was a video of a Ferrari going into a pond. The driver (pro), said the car got confused as he was apexing across some sand, and the pulsing of the brakes kept the car straight (into the pond), versus around the bend as the driver commanded. Off should mean OFF!

I agree 100% that's y today I had my tuner shut it completely off..! I now have no advance track or abs... I guess when u turn the advance track and traction control off it also shuts off the abs! It's ok though as I don't drive in bad weather conditions and now I know when it's time to "party" there are no interruptions!! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread