traction control - turn off

bzoli

Established Member
Hello,
I'm looking for some confirmation on how the traction control switch works.

I went to smog pre-check my car and the shop wasn't able to run my car on the dyno because they cannot turn off the traction control.

I disassebled the switch, and found the lower bulb burned out, the one which would illuminate the "OFF" sign on the switch. The standard illumination works on the switch.

My question is if the "OFF" light bulb burns out can the traction control still be switched off? In other words the does the bulb needed to close the circuit and disable traction control; or it is simply a feedback signal and has nothing to do with the operation therefore by pushing the switch the traction control will be disabled only there is not feedback?

thanks
Zoli

bzoli

Established Member
Just to bring a closure to the question – in case someone search for an answer.
I ordered new 7219 micro lamps, to replace the micro lamp which lights up the “OFF” sign (great how to from K2AHollywood http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?722456-Traction-Control-Switch-Repair ). The micro lamp I received was shorter than OEM but the right diameter therefore fit into the base correctly. After installing the switch the traction control works correctly. I also measured the PCB and switch operation while it was disassembled => the feedback lamp is part of the circuit, with the lamp burned out the traction control cannot be disabled because it brakes the circuit.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
thanks for the info, thinking about it I guess it makes sense, dont want people running around with TC off when they think its on

Users who are viewing this thread