Traction control setting for the daily driver

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I wish I could do sport mode, but use the normal steering wheel setting. I don't like the sport wheel setting.

lockman

Established Member
I just leave it alone normally. Even today when I got on it just let it do it's thing I'm not a professional driver so I let the car do it if I use too much gas

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Definitely leave it on if it's not 80+ degrees. The Goodyears are constantly slipping and sliding.

BOSSPOWER

Established Member
Steering wheel always in sport, shocks in normal until I get on the expressway then it goes into sport. The tracktion control on until, I get the race mode then I double tap into sport mode and we fly ;-)

Manuel

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Sport Steering, Normal Suspension all year-round.

Mode 1 AdvanceTrac during the cold weather months.
Mode 3/7 AdvanceTrac during the warm weather months.
Modes_zps5c3adff8.gif

ponygirl06

Established Member
Traction control on, steering and suspension normal for everyday driving. If I'm on a twisty canopy road I may change steering and suspension to sport. I hardly ever turn the traction control off.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Steering always on sport, traction is on. Now if im feeling randy or running hard....then I start playing with switches

_Satch_

Established Member
A Short Story about the Traction Control button placement... I was waiting in the car (because I hate leaving the car unattended) at the Staples Store. Wife was in buying a printer or something. She comes out of the store with this huge cardboard box. I figured we could place it in the trunk. I go to hit the trunk unlock button, but accidentally hit the LC button once, no biggy, then I hit the trunk unlock button. It is the third button in the pod right next to the shifter. All the while the car was running, mind you. Upon leaving the parking lot I decided to get a little heavy footed while in second gear, damn thing nearly went all the way around. I wasn't expecting that! Then I realized I was in Burnout Mode! I'm pretty sure my WIFE wanted to KILL ME after this little episode.
Satch

Brickell gt500

Established Member
Thanks for the replies. Norton, thanks for posting the list of modes from the manual. I didn't know the TC is still on in mode 3/7. I thought once the TC light goes on in the dash I was on my own. Looks like I will be leaving it in mode 3/7 here in south Florida.

Users who are viewing this thread