Traction Control....Problem?

KaNolton

Rio Red Slowbra...yezzur
Established Member
As you all know I bought a 99 Cobra a few months ago. It's a great car, I sold my 01 GT to get into the Cobra.

On the GT, there was a button infront of the shifter, much like the Cobra, to disable the TC. There was a nice light that would turn on when the TC was disabled.

When I first got the Cobra, I pressed the button but I never saw a light. Then this weekend while I was running the car at Barber Motorsports Park, the TC light said "off" in the middle of the run. I never touched the button.

Then after that run, when I turned the car on, it would automatically turn the traction control to "off". Even if I pressed the button the TC wouldn't turn on.

So I disconnected the battery becuase I like driving with the TC on for obvious reasons. But now I can't get the TC to disable again. I've pressed the button and held the button but nothing worked.

Has anyone else had this problem?

-Thanks in advance! :beer:

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
I agree, you may have a faulty button.

You like to drive with TC on when you are on the course? I personally turn it off before every track session. Sometimes I want a bit of oversteer to get through a turn. TC won't let you do that.

KaNolton

Rio Red Slowbra...yezzur
Established Member
I agree, you may have a faulty button.

You like to drive with TC on when you are on the course? I personally turn it off before every track session. Sometimes I want a bit of oversteer to get through a turn. TC won't let you do that.

During an AutoX course I always turn it off. But I've only ran a handful of open track events so I like the extra security. However, with that being said, I ran the car hard this weekend with the TC off and I didn't get squirly at all.

With more seat time I can understand it being a nusiance. But I guess its all mental for me at this point.

kevin01cobra

Friendly MerShaq
Established Member
Many people tell their stories about how they were merging from a dead stop onto oncoming traffic and when they went to use the gas they spun a bit causing traction control to come on.
My problem was with normal street driving. Since my car was lowered there is less play in the springs. Everyday I pass over a little gutter in the street and when i turn on it one of my wheels has enough power to barely break loose but TC would bring my car to a jerkish halt. I leave it on in the rain and very cold weather. Otherwise I cannot see it being a harm driving around with it off.

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
Many people tell their stories about how they were merging from a dead stop onto oncoming traffic and when they went to use the gas they spun a bit causing traction control to come on.
My problem was with normal street driving. Since my car was lowered there is less play in the springs. Everyday I pass over a little gutter in the street and when i turn on it one of my wheels has enough power to barely break loose but TC would bring my car to a jerkish halt. I leave it on in the rain and very cold weather. Otherwise I cannot see it being a harm driving around with it off.

I would much rather use my foot to control the car in the rain or other slippery conditions. My TC is permanently turned off. Useless IMO.

01bluesnake

Established Member
I would much rather use my foot to control the car in the rain or other slippery conditions. My TC is permanently turned off. Useless IMO.

i have to agree, having 2 fox bodies with none of the features my cobra has i could care less for it, mine is dissabled. my fox bodies tought me how to drive bald tires and all, i was broke lol.

Users who are viewing this thread