Trackkey not working

Dawgstang

Established Member
Went to the dealership to purchase the black/silver key and have it cut and programmed since I did not receive one when buying the car. Anyways, that key works fine but now my red trackkey does not work. It starts the car but I do not get the track enabled message anymore. WTF did they do? Taking it back in a few days.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
They must have reflashed you computer... I think I saw the track key will have to be reprogrammed in these situations. Goodluck!!!

OrangeCompete

Roadrunner
Established Member
Yes, if you're not seeing the "ENABLED" message they may have wiped it. You could also try recalibration--I had to recalibrate once myself:

(from TK instructions)

"First, verify that the engine oil level is correct. Make sure to use only 5W50 oil,
as cam control can vary dependent on oil viscosity. Secondly, turn off all
accessories such as air conditioning, rear window defrost, etc. If the idle still isn't
lopey, the PCM may need to relearn the zero (or "home") position of the cams.
To facilitate this learning process, shut the engine off, restart the engine using
the black (non-Track) key and let the engine idle for 5 minutes with the vehicle
stationary. Do not touch the accelerator pedal during this time. Once the zero
position is learned, it should not need to be relearned unless the battery is
disconnected or the PCM is reflashed. "

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
(from TK instructions)

"Make sure to use only 5W50 oil,
as cam control can vary dependent on oil viscosity."

:lol1:

This myth has been proven all wrong. Especially when an inferior lubricant like Motorcraft 5W-50 shears so rapidly. The myth would suggest your engine loses power, or performs poorly, when MC 5W-50 thins to a lighter grade. Actually, it doesn't. What we have discovered...

Less viscous engine lubricants that maintain their viscosity decrease wear, especially lead ppm. Engine efficiency increases, as does power output.

Last edited:

darreng505

Established Member
:lol1:

This myth has been proven all wrong. Especially when an inferior lubricant like Motorcraft 5W-50 shears so rapidly. The myth would suggest your engine loses power, or performs poorly, when MC 5W-50 thins to a lighter grade. Actually, it doesn't. What we have discovered...

Less viscous engine lubricants that maintain their viscosity decrease wear, especially lead ppm. Engine efficiency increases, as does power output.

Here we go again. All you've proved dude is that you think you're smarter than Ford engineers. Which you are not..

poof100

Established Member
Here we go again. All you've proved dude is that you think you're smarter than Ford engineers. Which you are not..

So based on what you are saying, Motorcraft's 5-50 oil is better than any oil AMSOIL or Redline or Royal Purple puts out to run in the Roadrunner/Coyote or Trinity motors? :rollseyes

OrangeCompete

Roadrunner
Established Member
Went to the dealership to purchase the black/silver key and have it cut and programmed since I did not receive one when buying the car. Anyways, that key works fine but now my red trackkey does not work. It starts the car but I do not get the track enabled message anymore. WTF did they do? Taking it back in a few days.

:sleeping:

Back on topic...OP, did you get things working?

nycarpenter

Established Member
I have used motorcraft oil for years and my vehicles never had issues due to oil failure. Maybe another brand holds up better if you beat the balls out of your car but ford engineers can't look into the crystal ball and set tolerances that suit thousands of individual drivers. If you want to run another brand at 2 x the price go ahead and do so. The question is do you have to do so.. My non expert opinion for most is no.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread