TracKey is NOW available to order!!!

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
I just got off of the phone with Ford Performance and they told me that my local dealer can order the TracKey today, and will ship on Oct 31st, installed on November 1st :banana:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I just got off of the phone with Ford Performance and they told me that my local dealer can order the TracKey today, and will ship on Oct 31st, installed on November 1st :banana:

:beer: Congrats, and that is why I mentioned that it would be available and not just announced at SEMA.

Now, keep us updated on the improvement.

mike.b

Established Member
so is the warranty dropped to just 3yr/36k as a rumor is suggesting? if so that is pretty lame since its a factory PERFORMANCE car. i hope this is not the case. i can totally understand them voiding modded cars warranties but the trac key is one of main boss perks imo

ram002

Established Member
It is true that TracKey changes the powertrain warranty to 3 years 36,000 miles form 5 years, 60,000 miles plus if you bought an extended warranty then it too is useless. I agree it is pretty lame of Ford to build the car as they did and offer the TracKey as an option and then change the waranty. I bought a 84 month, 48,000 mile premiumcare warranty and at first they said the TracKey would not effect the warranty and then yesterday I got an email saying different

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
That's great news! My track key is useless. LOL
If it's possible, I'll probably still get it programmed just to say I have it.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
It is true that TracKey changes the powertrain warranty to 3 years 36,000 miles form 5 years, 60,000 miles plus if you bought an extended warranty then it too is useless. I agree it is pretty lame of Ford to build the car as they did and offer the TracKey as an option and then change the waranty. I bought a 84 month, 48,000 mile premiumcare warranty and at first they said the TracKey would not effect the warranty and then yesterday I got an email saying different

So cancel it or go back and demand a refund for the inaccurate info given at POS.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
That's great news! My track key is useless. LOL
If it's possible, I'll probably still get it programmed just to say I have it.

^this is going to be a real interesting topic very soon. Here's the big question......Are tuners going to be able to tune the ECU when the TracKey is being used? How will that affect the silver key when it's used?

I plan to start with some simple mods (headers/cai/catback) and a custom dyno tune. I'm guessing that I will need to pick one key and stick with it, or tune for both keys???

I really dont think I'll find an answer until tuners get their hands on a Boss with the TracKey :shrug:

ulrichw

Not quite. Trackey is being treated as an aftermarket part. If something fails and it is determined to be due to use of the Trackey, then the 3/36K warranty applies. If the failure is determined to be independent of Trackey, your 5/60K warranty and/or extended warranty would still apply.

The rub here is how it will be determined if Trackey is at fault or not. I anticipate there'll be some fighting over that.

Completely separately, I feel that everybody is way overplaying the value of Trackey. I'm predicting a whole bunch of "Trackey isn't improving the performance of my car" threads starting next week.

I'm going to get Trackey installed, but I'm seeing it far more as a gimmick (like the quad exhaust, or the sound tube piping engine noise into the cabin) than as a performance mod.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
^lol, that's a possibility. Let's hope not though, hell it'll be worth price if the launch control cab be used effectively.

I guess we fixin to find out soon....

chuckstang

Established Member
why would you buy a boss and then try and mod it with aftermarket parts and tunes other than the track key...?

Why not buy a GT and mod away and not worry about it?

The Boss is already optimized from the factory...

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
why would you buy a boss and then try and mod it with aftermarket parts and tunes other than the track key...?

Why not buy a GT and mod away and not worry about it?

The Boss is already optimized from the factory...

Because it has a forged motor and comes in competition orange. GT's don't. :rockon:

shadyninja

Been There, Wrecked That
Established Member
so is the warranty dropped to just 3yr/36k as a rumor is suggesting? if so that is pretty lame since its a factory PERFORMANCE car. i hope this is not the case. i can totally understand them voiding modded cars warranties but the trac key is one of main boss perks imo

I was told the "track key " program (tune) is covered under warranty for 3 year/36000 not the power train.

Users who are viewing this thread