track/tuning/ tips? please look

Bwicked

Established Member
ok i really need some help lol.

today i went to the track and had like 20 passes lol, i ran consecutive 12.4- 12.5 runs my 60's were 1.78-1.8 and mph traps only 110.... 110 every run..

now i'm just a lil dissapointed but satisfied i guess.

my mods are:
bassani cat-back exhaust
k&n intake
accufab tb & inlet
tr6 spark plugs
100mm idler
2.76 pulley with Diablo "pulley tune" that was loaded on the predator.
mgw short shifter.
MT et street radials

1.7 -1.8 60's launching at 4k rpms just fine.

two things i noticed.
the car shoots flames out on some shifts
It feels like it isnt running right.
***it has never been dyno tuned at all or ever. so i am running really lean i Believe?*****
*** on the street i can shift like a mad person fast as heck, on the track at full throttle its hard to get it into gear, and when it does get into gear it takes a long time to engage i believe as well, like almost half a second it feels lol. the track tech also said he could smell the clutch every run.

I beleive my trap should be alot higher with the mods i have and times a whole lot better....
I seen other post with cars with less then half the mods running 12.0 and even 11's!!!!

would buying a new clutch and dyno tune get me fixed up? please i really need input lol.

Bwicked

Established Member
also if theres something i need to purchase, can u please give me the exact part name and website to go to , to purchase it lol please thanks!!! i really believe this is a 11 2nd car easy! there was a cobra at the track with nitto streets able to powershift and run 11.47!!! my car wont accept a powershift for nothing lol. anything above 5200 rpms the clutch takes a whole day to engage lol. im not even sure if its the clutch prob lol. please input?

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
Not a Cobra guy, but I can tell you this... the only way a car will shoot flames with out a flame kit is one of two things, Cats are removed/gutted, or your cats are so bad thier falling apart inside. If you have cats, and your still spitten fire, you have a problem. Maybe running so damn ritch that the fuel doesn't burn all the way, and gets re-ignited by the heat of your pipes. I dunno, sounds far fetch to me.

Sucks about the clutch too. Replace it, then powershift your way into the 11.s ;-)

ls1eater

Established Member
Go toa shop and get it dyno tuned ASAP.....Sounds like your eating up your motor and will eventually break it if you dont get a good tune.....

Johnboy22

Established Member
flames

I know what you mean about the backfiring. My 96 cobra does it. I found out that it was running really rich because my exhaust screwed the O2 sensors. The popping and blue flames that it shot out got on my nerves, but I bought some M.I.L. eliminators that plug into the O2 sensors and cured my problem. They aren't cheap but maybe that will help you. Also the Mickeys will kill your stock clutch and throw out bearing. I recently replaced mine as well. :rockon:

ScottsMach03

Established Member
Man with those mods you should know better then to run without a tune. I dont know why people run theirs car so hard without a tune. After modding a car, the tune is the most important part of modding a vehicle. Just a matter of time before you break something

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
ScottsMach03 said:
Man with those mods you should know better then to run without a tune. I dont know why people run theirs car so hard without a tune. After modding a car, the tune is the most important part of modding a vehicle. Just a matter of time before you break something

X1000. You made 20 PASSES with your car running like shiat??? :eek: No offense, but did you live under power lines when you were growing up? Tune that car! You should be trapping 116-118 at least with a 2.76.

Users who are viewing this thread