track tonight....

99SnakeBit

White Lightning !
Established Member
and ....well. I had some issues, first off the pucker would not hook up off the line. Every freaking time ( all 3 passes ) it broke traction and spun out about 8-10 feet before hooking up. My best 60 was a 1.78 and even it " felt " like crap, I could feel it spinnng.

Its obviously time to ditch these cheap Lakewood slappers in favor of some " REAL " traction bars of some type. Second I have something funky on the far end of my runs, the trans felt kind of sloppy like it was sliding into 3rd rather than shifting firmly dont know whats going on with that yet....So my times were ok I guess. Best 1/8 mile was a 7.6 @ 91mph and best quarter was 12.1 @ 114 ( I have vids and pics that I will add tomorrow )

Heres one to ponder on, I have two race tunes with the second having 1* more timing that the first one. On the first race tune I trapped 106mph, then I loaded the second race tune and trapped 114 ...8mph MORE than the previous tune but with NO drop in et WTF is up with that???? I know my short time is a issue but I thought for SURE with 8mph more trap speed that I would see a drop in et..?

Over all it went great, truck pulls like a raped ape and didnt miss a lick, but I just wish I had some good bars and newer slicks and maybe I could have gotten that 11 I was looking for. I was close but came up short what do you guys think of my 114 trap ? Isint that good for a 11 second time? Auctualy it was a 114.96 I think so its right at a 115mph.

thoughts, opinions?

03machme

go on and mach me
Established Member
1.7 60' is not bad at all. but you prolly could do a little better. and i would say 114 would be good for a high 11 time. friend of mine ran a 11.7 at 117 IIRC so i think you could hit 11s with a little work

99SnakeBit

White Lightning !
Established Member
1.7 60' is not bad at all. but you prolly could do a little better. and i would say 114 would be good for a high 11 time. friend of mine ran a 11.7 at 117 IIRC so i think you could hit 11s with a little work

well the 60 is bothering me due to me getting 1.6's the last time I was there. Thats a full tenth that im off from my previous track day last month . These lakewoods have got to go, I forgot to mention that they are no longer at the correct spacing for the gap from snubber to spring eye. Driver side is about right at a quarter inch but passenger side has about a inch and a half

speedfreek88

-Skinny Pimp Racing-
Established Member
well the 60 is bothering me due to me getting 1.6's the last time I was there. Thats a full tenth that im off from my previous track day last month . These lakewoods have got to go, I forgot to mention that they are no longer at the correct spacing for the gap from snubber to spring eye. Driver side is about right at a quarter inch but passenger side has about a inch and a half

cant u just add some shims and get it back to the right spacing?
do you have a stall? i see 11's in your truck for sure!

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
Your Mph is definately good for a 11 second run. I ran 11's with less mph but my 60's were 1.71 with drag radials... Get the 60's down and don't see why you could run 11.80's or better with ease...

04darkL

Dark Lightning
Established Member
idk i think he talked you cause he said u had a ported eaton pushing aobut 16 lbs, he is kinda chunky with short dirty blonde hair, 5'11. this will make it easier, did you run at dunn/benson?

Last edited:

99SnakeBit

White Lightning !
Established Member
idk i think he talked you cause he said u had a ported eaton pushing aobut 16 lbs, he is kinda chunky with short dirty blonde hair, 5'11. this will make it easier, did you run at dunn/benson?

nope thats not me bud, I was a J VIlle and I have a whipple :rockon:

99SnakeBit

White Lightning !
Established Member
Your Mph is definately good for a 11 second run. I ran 11's with less mph but my 60's were 1.71 with drag radials... Get the 60's down and don't see why you could run 11.80's or better with ease...

I think so too.......im going to address some issues get back to the track and GET my 11 im after :beer:

04darkL

Dark Lightning
Established Member
well i had to try, he said a white L, ported eaton, running mid 7's with slicks, and he was from sanford, nc. everything was close to you except you have a whipple and pro not from sanford but what part of nc you from, mayb we can plan a meet?

99SnakeBit

White Lightning !
Established Member
well i had to try, he said a white L, ported eaton, running mid 7's with slicks, and he was from sanford, nc. everything was close to you except you have a whipple and pro not from sanford but what part of nc you from, mayb we can plan a meet?

im out of Wilmington you could say.....we go to Coastal Plains in J ville to test n tune

Users who are viewing this thread