Track times

Lord Tauk

SVT God
Established Member
Went up to Cecil last night, took the PSD and a few other diesel buddies were there. I decided to do a few runs.

They just opened the gates as I was just pulling in, I pretty much got in line, ran a 15.721 at 90.55. I knew something was wrong when I looked at the MPH, I spun real bad netting a super slow 2.718 60 Foot. I spooled the turbo too much and launched a little too hard (2WD). I didn't run again until about 2 hours later when the sun finally set.

2nd Run: 2.214 60 Foot, 14.901 at 91.28 MPH
3rd Run: 2.278 60 Foot, 15.02 at 90.65 MPH
4th Run: 2.214 60 Foot, 14.964 at 90.28 MPH

I let the truck cool between runs. These were all 2WD launches just stalling the converter up a little, no boost and just rolling into it - except for the first run of course.

I also weighed my 01 in at 6960 lbs at the local truck stop afterwards. Major mods: DP Chip on 120 Race, BTS Valvebody, 4'' Turboback, Tymar (DIY) intake, I also unplugged the wastegate hose. I was going to try launching in 4x4 but since I was doing decently with just 2WD I stuck with that. I didn't do any burn outs either, Just lined right up on 285/75 Radials.

Lastly, here's a video. My buddy next to me actually ran a 15.967, this was my best run of the night (2nd).

http://www.dieselmovies.com/view_video.php?viewkey=ee48d0b7d48c591b8f43

Last edited:

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Sweet! Those are pretty good times (for a 7.3 right?). You should try a launch in 4wd next time. The difference is pretty crazy.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
!!!PainTrain!!! said:
Sweet! Those are pretty good times (for a 7.3 right?). You should try a launch in 4wd next time. The difference is pretty crazy.
10-4 on this. I can feather pretty good in 2wd launching from 3k in my stroker but I either go like hell or light the tires up. Its hard on clutches but in 4wd I can slip the clutch against the brakes and get a little boost going and just let all hell break loose.

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
Sweet!!

I can't wait to get my wife's Excursion on the track to see what it can do.

Next month I'll be heading down to SoCal to John Wood Automotive to have a John Wood tranny installed. Hopefully, before the end of the year, I'll head over to Modesto to have a Terminator Big Oil HPOS installed.

Next year will bring some hybrid 530 sticks and a QSSB turbo swap....if the wife makes enough money. ;-)

:lol: :D :coolman: :beer:

Stewart

Users who are viewing this thread