Track times with Circle D converter

1Bad5.0

Established Member
Well i made it to the track this weekend with the new Circle D 4 C converter....unforunately it was 1/8 mile racing, but i did get a good idea what it can do now. Before the converter best 1/8 mile time was 7.77@92 with a 1.84 60'.......after converter it was a 7.48@92 with a 1.67 60'....so three tenths quicker to the 1/8......The converter was just locking up at the finish line so i think 1/4 mile times will be even better.

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
How did you launch, were you stalling it up or just stabbing from an idle? Nice times!

4VFTW

Established Member
nice gains , but I would not expect to pick up any more on the back half. The converter really only works for you in the 60' and with your mph being the same before and after there is no reason to expect the car to pick anything up after the 1/8th. Regardless 11.5-11.6 is very nice...what all is done to the car?

1Bad5.0

Established Member
nice gains , but I would not expect to pick up any more on the back half. The converter really only works for you in the 60' and with your mph being the same before and after there is no reason to expect the car to pick anything up after the 1/8th. Regardless 11.5-11.6 is very nice...what all is done to the car?

Boss IM, Lethal ORX, C&L CAI, Circle D 4 C, and Drag radials....No weight reductions

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
leave off idle next time. you will get weight transfer and flash the converter.
will hit pretty hard.
idle: foot off brake:floor it!!!

4VFTW

Established Member
you need to experiment with the converter to see what the car wants. Try leaving off idle and stalling it up to about 3000 and let it flash the last 5-700.

CharlieR

Established Member
That's good. 1.6 60' times are where I am without n2o. Try different techniques mine liked different launches 275/60/15 vs. 265/40/18's.

1Bad5.0

Established Member
you need to experiment with the converter to see what the car wants. Try leaving off idle and stalling it up to about 3000 and let it flash the last 5-700.

Next time out i definitely plan on trying different things. I had talked with Chris from Circle D and he said most guys were having better luck with just slightly loading the suspension.....I didn't try many things other than that because i was into the money rounds of a bracket race and was trying to keep that consistency...On test and tune night i'll try many things.

Users who are viewing this thread