Track times:IS THIS ACCURATE????

Electric994V

Established Member
Gentlemen,

I put the cobra on the track for the first time 2 weeks ago...

I ran a 13.73 @ 105.2mph?!? 60 ft was a pathetic 2.4 react was .738

Now, this is non-powershifted on street tires

My mods are only U/D pullies, SLP X (with cats) SLP Loud Mouth, JLT CAI

Dynoed at 320hp/310trq SAE

With that kind of trap speed, are those times accurate??

BTW I saw a 2000 SS run a 14.16??!! What gives?

:shrug:

Electric994V

Established Member
Axle Hop had me thinking i was going to break something... I only launched at 3000

perhaps I need to make a call to dss for some axles, I'm keeping the IRS

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
Sorry but I think you are wasting your money trying to work w/ the IRS..but for some of these IRS diehards its a soft spot to them..they will never understand...

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
droptopsnake01 said:
your mph is about right...your 60's suck.
maybe for a bone stock car- but hes pushing 320 to the rear-
you're in AL, so maybe the whether was a little off, combined with the hop, other traction factorsand some other factors would lead to these relatively poor times- practice practice.(about what a stock car does)

Also before you go and get any axles- I'd take care of the hop first- as you'll break the good axles too if you dont fix the problem. Also Raxles makes a stout halfshaft (so you dont have to swap to 31spline)

As far as switchin to a solid- sure you can or you can suck it up and do it with irs -there are several 03/04's int the 11's and at least 1 in the 9's on a relatively stock irs- get the wheelhop taken care of and a set of raxles will live a long happy life.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
60 foot times make or break the e.t, work on that and the rest is as easy as hitting your shifts and pressing your foot through the floor board. :burnout:

Last edited:

Tucker

PLEASE don't take this the wrong way.
Don't put money into parts, but, practice practice practice. It's not the IRS, it's the launch and tires.

Get some DR's and go back to the track and make 10-20 more runs. It will get faster for free with more driving experiance.

I ran 11.80 w/ 1.8 60' on a IRS.
Don't throw money at parts, put it at track fees.
Trust me.
Jay

Sanchez

Don't Panic
Established Member
Electric994V said:
Gentlemen,

I put the cobra on the track for the first time 2 weeks ago...

I ran a 13.73 @ 105.2mph?!? 60 ft was a pathetic 2.4 react was .738

Now, this is non-powershifted on street tires

That's not bad at all for your first time. I ran a 14.3 @ 99 my first time out in my 99 vert. :) My best time before I sold the car was 13.6 @ 105, with a 2.1 60' w/no power shifting. Get your 60' down around 1.8 and power shift, and you'll hit high 12's.

Sanchez

Don't Panic
Established Member
Tucker said:
Get some DR's and go back to the track and make 10-20 more runs. It will get faster for free with more driving experiance.

I ran 11.80 w/ 1.8 60' on a IRS.
Don't throw money at parts, put it at track fees.
Trust me.

Amen!

01cobra'''dohc

Huffman Brothers Racing
Established Member
don't worry about the irs. i have 430 gears and et streets and i haven't broke anything. with a good set of tires u won't wheel hop. trust me i launch on the rev limiter and it hooks really good. my best 60 ft. is a 1.65. my car has welded in borla mufflers and gears and i ran a best 12.8 so far at 102 mph. i'd say with a good set of tires u'll run a high 12 easy. good numbers on the dyno. just curious to know if u got a tune yet? good luck

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
99BlackCobra said:
Pullies=3-5
X pipe=7-10
cold air=7-10
stock cobra=275-280
=292-305rwhp
I think your missing something, unless you have a freak.

I do believe he has a freak, I think in another post he mentioned post fix he was around 290 rwhp or so, and remember its a green one- they built the green ones right ;-)

Electric994V

Established Member
Green ones are mean...

How do I clear the Axle hop problem?? I read in a magazine about stiffer bushings,

softer shocks or something like that??

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
Electric994V said:
Green ones are mean...

How do I clear the Axle hop problem?? I read in a magazine about stiffer bushings,

softer shocks or something like that??

really the best answer is - that it takes a complete system, bushings-irs,subframe,control arms, shocks, springs, irs braces, tires-ect.
The honest truth is that some guys can get away with a set of springs and shocks, some maybe with just bushings and good tires and then there are the guys that have everything and still get some wheel hop-- do a search in the 03/04 section for irs mods or postban - hes done a lot and can help you out good luck

Users who are viewing this thread