track time

1996mstgcobra

Established Member
Took the shelby out to the track and im somewhat impressed with myself. ..first and best run 12.1 @ 122 60' was 2.1 it spun some on 1st...ran it on sport mode launched at 3000rpm.. I thought I was going to break into the 11's being that it was my first run of the night...next runs were a disaster I took air out of tires and I think traction got worse couldn't launch at all after I did that.. I need a better tire set up for sure... I have a full staggered set of 18x10 black saleens, would those wheels make a good track set? If so what tire would you guys recommend me slapping on the saleens?

rford13

Established Member
Congrats on your first time out, better than I ever did with stock tires. I run hoosier dr's size 315/30 on 18x10 inch wheels now, and they stick like glue.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Took the shelby out to the track and im somewhat impressed with myself. ..first and best run 12.1 @ 122 60' was 2.1 it spun some on 1st...ran it on sport mode launched at 3000rpm.. I thought I was going to break into the 11's being that it was my first run of the night...next runs were a disaster I took air out of tires and I think traction got worse couldn't launch at all after I did that.. I need a better tire set up for sure... I have a full staggered set of 18x10 black saleens, would those wheels make a good track set? If so what tire would you guys recommend me slapping on the saleens?

Nice job.

What are the Saleens previously on?
My brother's 18x10 Bullitt wheels for a '99-04 would not fit BTW.

If yours do, the 305/35/18 MT DRs would be a great choice as it improves the gearing too.
-J

1996mstgcobra

Established Member
I currently have them on my 96 cobra...I still have rhe orginal cobra wheels so I can use those saleens for track... ill try them and follow your advice on the tire recommendations. .thanks for helping out guys...im about to order some mt 305/35...

Rford13 what have been ur best time on 18's?

rford13

Established Member
I currently have them on my 96 cobra...I still have rhe orginal cobra wheels so I can use those saleens for track... ill try them and follow your advice on the tire recommendations. .thanks for helping out guys...im about to order some mt 305/35...

Rford13 what have been ur best time on 18's?

11.3@126 with a 1.79 60ft. My other mods are O/R h-pipe and lund tune. I made a thread with video of the run.

Users who are viewing this thread