Track time

89foxer

Established Member
So this is the second time I take my car to the track. Im from south texas close to the border so its pretty hot down here. But my question is I ran it last week and got 13.4 time. Totally stock, my 60 was at 2.2. So i went and bought a cai and some dr and ran it today and same results!!! :mj: :cryying:. I thought it would change at least a .second drop but nothing! Any recommendations, right now mods are borla pro xs, airraid cold air intake and drag radials. Please help thanks! :rockon:

rotarymagic

Established Member
Post up a slip. What were you launching at? What psi? Which tires? 13.4 is slower than stock unless that track has some really bad DA.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
The best way to leave the light is actually very similar to leaving a stop light but slightly more aggressive. Don't forget to go around the water box, back into the water, pull back out of the water and do a small burnout with your DR's. Don't add any more parts until you get that 60' down and learn what the car likes. Another thing would be to make sure that your TC/Advance Trac is disabled as well.

It took some time, but I now can cut 1.8 - 1.9 60's all day on my INVO street tires.

89foxer

Established Member
thanks guys for the response. I didnt launch it. I tried it at 2k rpm but the car would not respond well to it. So I did another run without launching and it did better. The tires are drag radials 305, psi was at 40 but lowered it to 15 each side. The trac was disabled but not the advance in the first run. In the second run both were turned off.

Below is the are the time slips.
Left first run right second run.
9959ad66-06bd-4110-a404-143a62580037_zps2ff5f39c.gif

Last edited:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Was it spinning or bogging on these runs? I haven't run DR's in a long time, but is 15 psi possibly to low?

89foxer

Established Member
No bogging or spinning. It would hit hard and I thought it was going to be a good time but no lol. I called a friend to ask what he would suggest his first question was the spare to get it off, that might help a bit. other than that it needs a tune asap. The thing is I've seen other mustangs hitting 12.6 stock! So I really dont know what it could be.

rotarymagic

Established Member
You probably need a tune, is the car stumbling on shifts? What are you shift points? Also 2k rpms isn't anywhere near high enough for launching the car.

89foxer

Established Member
Didnt see shifting points but the car doesnt stumble on shifts. Didnt go higher on the rpms because it was my second time to the track, Ill probably do that next time to see how it respones

89foxer

Established Member
Ill give it a try this wednesday and put an update. Im going to remove the engine bar, the spare tire and the original tire since i didnt take it out. Im going to try to shift at around 1100 or so rpm and see what it does. I know for sure it has to be in the high 12 easily other mustangs have done it but not the premium package but basic package so I duno if weight is affecting me.

1Quick4.6

Established Member
It should be a high 12s car easy on DRs. I just went 7.6this weekend which would be somewhere in the 11.9range with a stock car on wrinkle walls and rear shocks. Mine is a 3.55 m6 premium car. The launch is what the track is all about, put some tire on that thing and leave at 5500+ range. She'll light up the score board above your expectations

clean92lx

Established Member
We really need to know what your shifting at to know what's going on, it sounds like your not taking it to red line on your shifts because you said "Didnt go higher on the rpms because it was my second time to the track, Ill probably do that next time to see how it respones"

Last edited:

Badlilstang

Established Member
What as the DA and temps at the track? I didn't run what I had hoped either but either did everyone else at the track.. DA was like 2200 and mid 80s out.. In the end I was 3 tenths faster than a car with the same mods. If the car is an M6 it could be a driver mod needed.

Users who are viewing this thread