track time Guess

blksnakebite97

Established Member
Last fall i ran a best time of 14.1 at 102 with a 60ft. time of 2.4 on 245 streets so far i have bought some used Goodrich drag radials 275-450-17 on rims. Now i am wondering what i will run in the spring, and also what should i do next im looking towards suspension i need something streetable because its my daily. thanks for the help also if i could have a link to the suspension that i should get that would b great.

blksnakebite97

Established Member
I want high 12's after suspension, dyno tune, and some seat time. any input on what i would need done for suspension.

blksnakebite97

Established Member
bought it with eibach lowering kit, KandN cai, flowmaster mufflers, and UDP. The only performance things ive done are O/R x pipe, mgw short throw, and those 275 dr's. Im looking for advice on streetable suspension.

blksnakebite97

Established Member
not yet 4.10's are in my room debating between waiting untill spring and doing the myself or just going to a local shop this up coming week.

cobraboy169

Speed. . . My Anti-Drug
Established Member
I personally want to ge tht eEibach Drag Launch springs to compliment my Strange 8 way adjustable shocks, and my Lakewood 70/30 struts. My car is a DD as well and the 70/30s are not a problem. You may even think about the 90/10 struts by Lakewood. You may also want to think about Tubular K members and/or Tubular A arms but they will only be necessary if you do not put in the gears. With my suspension mentioned with stock springs cut 1 coil in the rear and 4 cyl fox springs in the front, 410s, BBK LTs with a short o/r h-pipe, UDP, Pro 5.0 short throw, 31 spline axles, and a short runner intake my best time was 13.01 @104. My 60 foot was in the 1.8X range.

With a good suspension setup and some gears 410s at the minimum, with a little seat time you will be able to hit the 12s. Here are some links to the suspension that I have.
Struts--http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=LAK%2D40506&N=700+4294908331+4294924677+115&autoview=sku
Shocks--http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=STR%2DS6004LM&N=700+400321+4294908331+4294924677+115&autoview=sku
Again this was just my preference but I heard great things about the Lakewood equipment so that was a no brainer. The Strange shocks were suggested by the people at summit. Mostly becuase you can change the settings on the shocks to adapt to the different driving you will do, drag and street driving. Finally subframes will help hookup better as well. i have some but I just haven't had the time to have them put in.

blksnakebite97

Established Member
thanks thats just what i was looking for, i think i will go with the 70/30's they are probably more streetable, on the fox springs up front those are only on for race day right, you dont drive with those on an every day basis.

cobraboy169

Speed. . . My Anti-Drug
Established Member
Yes i do. I have had those Fox springs in the front of my car for a little over 3 years now. They offer great weight transition both on and off the track. I don't mind having a little stiffer ride on the street. THe only down fall is it lowers the car a little too much so when I got my LTs put on I started to scrap the bottom on high arched speed bumps. I still have a little problem with it if I am not paying attention but that is a problem with LTs. LOL I recommend the Fox springs for every day driving but wait for other people's opinion and see what they say.

Venom351R

Established Member
Last fall i ran a best time of 14.1 at 102 with a 60ft. time of 2.4 on 245 streets so far i have bought some used Goodrich drag radials 275-450-17 on rims. Now i am wondering what i will run in the spring, and also what should i do next im looking towards suspension i need something streetable because its my daily. thanks for the help also if i could have a link to the suspension that i should get that would b great.

You should be mid to low 13's with that MPH its just your 60' time that's holding you back. If you can cut some 2.0's or some 1.9's you will be in the 13's easy.

Get some Lower control arms that will help out w/ the launching

Users who are viewing this thread