Track Season Is Getting Close,,Nittos Or ET Streets??

COBRyan

Puts Out For Mod Money
Ok, well my local track will be opening in feb, so I need to get some traction so I can hit some 11's! So should I get some nitto 315/35/17 drag radials or mickey thompson et streets and wheels? I dont want to break my rear end, so I leaning towards the nittos, plus I think cost wise and hassle wise (having to switch wheels at the track) would make the nittos a better choice. Opinions?

grnenvy

Established Member
I like the nitto's, I leave them on the car all the time.They are awsome in the rain even thow I don't drive the car in the rain. When I go the track or go out on sunday nite's to race I bring the tire pressure down to 18psi. I heat the shit out of them and come out easy until it hooks then I punch it and off I go. I had my wheels widdened two inch's it made a big differance, and I run a 1 inch H/R wheel spacer so they fit. (3/4inch from the bolt inside) The car look's awsome from the back and it hook's good when the tire's are hot. (I have no wheel hop when the tire's are warm) that was my fix for two problems, and it handles better to. Goog luck

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Well, personally I think that I made a mistake by buying the Nittos in an attempt to get an all around street/strip tire. When they're warm they hook pretty good but when they're cold, they SUCK. IOW, I had much more traction around town with the F1s. If you are serious about racing, go with the ET Streets on 16" wheels and swap them up at the track OR if you have to have drag radials, definitely go with the BFG DRs. They seem to hook WAY better than the Nittos but on the downside, they do not last as long.

MJ

grnenvy

Established Member
He is right about the tire not hooking when cold. But if you get 11inch rim and 315 nitto's it should hook (when hot) if you know how to drive it. I run 11.50 on that tire. Yes it will go faster on a slick but it will handle like shit and don't get cought in the rain or in a turn with a ZO6 you will lose and I will win. You have to decide if you want a track car or a bmw/zo6 eater.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread