Track Results - ANALYZE THIS

Jack

Established Member
Beautiful day at the track today, a small turn out at Byron made for a decent amount of runs with minimal waiting...

The car did not run what I thought it should/would, but it was dead on consistent...

I had 5 clean runs out of 7 total... All 5 runs were within 0.066 of one another.. man I wish I was bracket racing...

Now for the analysis part... All 5 clean runs were in the 12.20's all at around 120MPH, all 60 foots in the 1.86-1.91 ran... I had my shift light set at 6200rpms, I varied the launch rpm anywhere from 2-3K... I was getting a tiny amount of slip off the line.. but thank GOD NO WHEEL HOP at all.

The problem is that at 435/495 dyno numbers the car ran a best of 12.35@113 with at 2.0 sixty foot...
Now with 505/487 the best run is a 12.20@120 with a 1.89 60 foot, so the MPH is there, but the ET is not

I can't figure out why the ET is so high... My shifting is much much better and more consistant than before, sixty foot is down, MPH is up, but the ET SUCKS.

Any ideas?

Link to 1/4 mile data
Click Here

TTA89

Established Member
The car is DEF way faster. ET doesn't mean jack shit. Look at the MPH, that shows your power. The 60fts are close, you should be running faster but maybe your shifting slower or something? Nobody is going to give you a straight answer on that.

You have the MPH for 11s, just need to push it out of the hole. :)

Bad03Cobra

Gotta love Boost........
Established Member
maybe the clutch is slipping a little??? Should be atleast a mid 11 with that hp if it is correct....

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
Looks to me like you are not doing very well on the 1-2 and 2-3 shift. I have a basically stock car and run 88 mph in the 1/8th and 112/113 in the quarter. Your 1/8th mph seems a tad low.

Cobra03FLA

Titties & Beer!
Established Member
Bad03Cobra said:
maybe the clutch is slipping a little??? Should be atleast a mid 11 with that hp if it is correct....

I was going to say that but bad 03 came first and IM sure is more knowledgeable about racing also. I only run 12.8s and with 7800 miles I smelled my stock clutch last time out. Did you smell anything burning??

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
How did you dyno 435/495? Ive never seen numbers like that from an 03 cobra. Also all I can think of is your clutch slipping and maybe your shifting slow even though u think your not. Cause there is no way you can trap 7mph higher and even have a better 60' and only pick up .1. Also I woudl think your trap should be around 122

Jack

Established Member
Unusual T/A said:
I think you should be trapping MUCH higher than 120.

It's a 'vert with large 18x10.5 wheel and added suspension weight

thus the reduced trap speed

if it were a coupe then yes the trap would low...

Jack

Established Member
It could be the clutch slipping... not sure... but I didn't smell the clutch even after back to back runs...

As for my shifting... dunno, I think I shift pretty well with the shift light at 6200

Bad03Cobra

Gotta love Boost........
Established Member
If I was you maybe dyno the car some where else to verify those numbers. Not saying thats what it is but it will be some where to start because somthing is not right.

Good luck bro....

Jack

Established Member
Bad03Cobra said:
If I was you maybe dyno the car some where else to verify those numbers. Not saying thats what it is but it will be some where to start because somthing is not right.

Good luck bro....

dyno numbers are correct as evidenced by the trap speed improvement from a 113mph to a 120mph trap

05BlkViper

Established Member
i dont agree with the mph showing your power, you can spin and get a higher trap speed. look at your 60 foots and if your pulling 1.5 60 foots and running great times but the mph is like 109 then u know ur making up for your power, but you cant just say look at your mph because that can be different based on spinning and not spinning, so if you run a not as fast time but a faster mph u probly spun

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread