track rental

whitevenom99

Established Member
Well made it to the track today. First run of the year and I ran a 13.5. Spun off the line. Next run 13.1 sun off the line again. Next run red lighted and was mad and spun first and second 13.8. Then my boy tells me to do my burnouts in second. Not gettin a good burn on the drag radial. First time with them. Then I let Jason the owener of the shop drive it and he missed 3rd and ran a 12.7. So I know its in there. Well line up for the next run second gear burnout. Good smoke and got them heated up. Good launch no spin, good shift to second and then IT happens. Go to third and I have no third gear try fourth nothin. I broke the shifter fork. So I got to drive an hour and a half home 1,2,5 and let me tell you 5th is not very easy to hit from second. Good thing for the 4:10's. Well time to get it fixed and upgrade a bit. Always tomorrow. Guess that is what I get for runnin on friday the 13th. Stats for those who want to know. 99 Cobra. Solid rear from 94 with moser 31 spline axles and 4:10's. Aluminum drive shaft, built engine (dropped compression goin to add boost some time) ported heads, comp cams mac longtubes, prochamber and catback. Accufab throttle body JLT and steeda underdrive pullies. Was runnin on 315 nitto drag radials

Users who are viewing this thread