Track rental results

whitevenom99

Established Member
Well made it to the track today. First run of the year and I ran a 13.5. Spun off the line. Next run 13.1 sun off the line again. Next run red lighted and was mad and spun first and second 13.8. Then my boy tells me to do my burnouts in second. Not gettin a good burn on the drag radial. First time with them. Then I let Jason the owener of the shop drive it and he missed 3rd and ran a 12.7. So I know its in there. Well line up for the next run second gear burnout. Good smoke and got them heated up. Good launch no spin, good shift to second and then IT happens. Go to third and I have no third gear try fourth nothin. I broke the shifter fork. So I got to drive an hour and a half home 1,2,5 and let me tell you 5th is not very easy to hit from second. Good thing for the 4:10's. Well time to get it fixed and upgrade a bit. Always tomorrow. Guess that is what I get for runnin on friday the 13th.

whitevenom99

Established Member
Good times till she broke. Built engine (dropped compression to add boost when i have money) ported heads by steen racing comp cams accufab throttle body, JLT, steeda underdrive pullies, mac longtubes, prochamber, catback, solid rear from 94, moser 31 spline axles, 4:10's, aluminum driveshaft, spec stage 2 clutch. Runnin on 315 nitto drag radials

srl135

Wreck 'em Tech!
Established Member
I had that exact problem... let a friend drive it that could put down some good times, next run the 3/4 shift fork was gone... i remember that drive home also very happy i had 4.10s LOL

Good times though! Cant wait when i can afford to play like that more seriously

zapman

Established Member
sorry to jack your thread but what makes it so much easier to spin them in 2nd?? I went to the track and attempted to eat them off in first but yeah no go forgot TC was on and before I could hit the clutch it was to late and killed it! lol so is it easier to do a burnout in 2nd over 1st? cuz hell on the street I can powerbrake it good but at the track I couldn't lol wtf?

whitevenom99

Established Member
With the 4:10's you can spin pretty good in 2nd. With drag radials you have to spin them faster than street tires to get them to smoke and heat up. I stop with the back wheels in the water and pop the clutch in first to rool them over in the water to get them wet. Then pull forward hold brake and I rev to about 5K then dump the clutch. I also have a built solid rear so I don't worry about it. Wouldn't recommend dumpin at 5K with irs.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
^^^ i always do my burnouts in 1st...i have been told it's harder on the tranny to do them in 2nd..not sure about the truth in that however

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Double"O" said:
^^^ i always do my burnouts in 1st...i have been told it's harder on the tranny to do them in 2nd..not sure about the truth in that however
well, if you had stock gearing i think a second gear clutch dump would be a little harsh on the trans. with 3.73's or higher(numerically) i don't see any harm. you should give it a shot. i have always done this w/ 4.10's by the way. maybe this will be your ticket to the 11's :thumbsup: .

whitevenom99

Established Member
Yea I would have been in the 12's if I would not have busted the shift fork:cuss: . Got to see my car do it though. I need the driver mod I ain't goin to lie. If a guy can get in my car haven never driven it before and and runs a 12.7 and he had issues with 3rd I need practice.

Users who are viewing this thread