Track-Lok chatter

Stanger00

Established Member
In 2009 I had a ford explorer carrier installed with 03-04 cobra carbon clutch kit. Everything was installed correctly never had any noise even have about 20-30 1/4 mile passes. I have an auto so it wast badly abused on launches or shifts. I only had a 3200 stall that flashed around 3500.

Fast forward to now. If I take off easy in drive I hear no noise or any noise while turning left or right at low speed while decelerating or accelerating. However, if I manually put the transmission in 2nd I hear the differential making a chatter noise. Never done this before with the previous setup even when I would do 2nd gear burnout.

There is less than 3k miles on this rebuild could the clutches be worn out already? Has anyone else had this problem. Yes, friction modifier was put in when installed by a shop. The fluid I 3 years old though.

I drove about 400 miles with a new tune and there was a converter lock up issue. The converter would stay locked until 17 mph and cause the differential to make a noise.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Pop the cover and change the fluid would be a good start, see if you can see anything out of the ordinary and go from there. Sometimes a good fluid change will help.

Users who are viewing this thread