Track Launch RPM

Fast01Cobra

Established Member
Ok, I know there are a bunch of you that have gone to the track already. I'm waiting on my x-pipe, then I will be on my way. Anyway, I was wondering what RPM you guys are launching at?? I'm running Nitto 315s and 4.10 gears. My '01 Cobra I had to leave at 2000 - 2300rpm max. as the wheel hop was too severe. I would like to have and idea before I head to the track, so I don't look like an idiot.

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
My method to get the best time ..not compete in bracket racing..was too rev the motor between 3000 to around 3500 rpms and feather that clutch out when the last amber lit......my best short time was a 1.71 on Nitto 315's on stock rims. It works for me anyway.

Also..I have stock gears though...you might have to try it at the 2000 to 2500 rpms area first.

Harry
www.HotRodHarrys.com

Last edited:

DD2000GT

VNMS 13
Established Member
Do what I did, start out at 2000 RPMs and work your way up - make sure to feather the clutch or it is sure hop. All tracks prep differently and you have to test the waters first. The most I could get to was 3000 RPMs netting me a 2.0 short time on stock F1's. With Nitto's you could probably bring that up to 3500. Make sure, if you get any hop GET OUT OF THE GAS QUICK! Better to blow one run than your halfshafts or rear end.

Users who are viewing this thread