Track key instillation

03terminat0r

Established Member
When the dealership programs the track key do they also remove the side exhaust plates?

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Enjoy it!!! The track key with the plates out is awesome!!!! I almost never use my silver key.. :)

Darth Vapor

Established Member
Most dealers won't remove the plates since it is a modification. I had a shop also tell me it is technically illegal as it could affect the emissions. Jack stands and 15 minutes, do it yourself. It's easy.

MikeTO

Established Member
My dealer took them out no problem - in fact they were the ones who brought it up in the first place. Different dealers - different approaches I guess.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Just use caution to align the pipe correct. There are several on here that have had either vibration or leaking issues. There is a lot of variations of how it bolts together.

jaywoo

Soooo Boss
Established Member
My dealer had them out before I bought the car. had them out on the 2013 black LS sitting right next to it also.

El Jeffe

Established Member
My Dealer refused as they said it was illegal for them to do it per EPA laws....wish Id have had a more cooperative dealer.

El Jeffe

Established Member
Ive heard tell of larger diameter restrictor plates you can buy to replace the stock one which are louder but not as loud as going fully without them. Anyone know where you can get those?

65sohc

Established Member
Most dealers won't remove the plates since it is a modification. I had a shop also tell me it is technically illegal as it could affect the emissions. Jack stands and 15 minutes, do it yourself. It's easy.

That's idiotic. They are after the cats.

MikefromLI

Established Member
Track key for me is paid for and will be a part of my first oil change my deal claimed the plates would make the check engine light come on, I put in 7/8's plates and love the noise...

RTD

Established Member
It takes less than 10 minutes to do it. I didn't even jack my car up, just drove it onto ramps.

65sohc

Established Member
Track key for me is paid for and will be a part of my first oil change my deal claimed the plates would make the check engine light come on, I put in 7/8's plates and love the noise...

That sounds like the same dealer who told me it was illegal to put an updated 2012 clutch in my 2009 GT 500 because that would be considered a performance modification.

Users who are viewing this thread