Track Key install - need some help

NVR2L8

Established Member
I have a 2013 Boss, bought the track key (with install code), and took to local Ford dealer for install.

The dealer had to call Ford three times before they got a code that worked, had numerous program download errors, and after more than four hours, finally got to a screen that said "100% complete".

The next message should have been "You're All Done", but the message never came up.

The car will now start with both keys, and when the red "track key" is used, the DIC says "track key active".

Sooooooo......... Is my track key program fully installed?

Advice is appreciated.

Jabooh1

Established Member
It should be. Let it warm up and see if when running the red key you get the TracKey Idle message. Mine enables when the Oil Temp guage gets to the N in Normal.

If that works, your good.

dsp

Established Member
Right, check for the idle message after being up to temp for a couple of minutes, no idle, no TracKey. Another way to check is to see if your launch control works. First gear, clutch in, hit the throttle, RPMs should max out at 2500 (I think that's the TracKey default). If you can bring the RPMs up higher than that, no TracKey.

NVR2L8

Established Member
Right, check for the idle message after being up to temp for a couple of minutes, no idle, no TracKey. Another way to check is to see if your launch control works. First gear, clutch in, hit the throttle, RPMs should max out at 2500 (I think that's the TracKey default). If you can bring the RPMs up higher than that, no TracKey.

No luck.

I went back to instructions, and it said that TrackKey would not work with an aftermarket CAI. Is that true? I have an Air Raid CAI. I also want to install LT headers, will this work?

Should I conclude that TrackKey will only work with a "bone stock" Boss.

My car is almost 100% track car, if that makes any difference. I have a ton of suspension upgrades, I have removed the TPMS sensors, running 18" wheels, etc. Does any of this matter?

Also, the car has been in storage for almost six months, and the "change oil" light is on. Could this make any difference?

Thanks a ton for the help.

senderofan

Established Member
No luck.

I went back to instructions, and it said that TrackKey would not work with an aftermarket CAI. Is that true? I have an Air Raid CAI. I also want to install LT headers, will this work?

Should I conclude that TrackKey will only work with a "bone stock" Boss.

My car is almost 100% track car, if that makes any difference. I have a ton of suspension upgrades, I have removed the TPMS sensors, running 18" wheels, etc. Does any of this matter?

Also, the car has been in storage for almost six months, and the "change oil" light is on. Could this make any difference?

Thanks a ton for the help.

You can run the Airaid cai if it has the reducer sleeve for the MAF installed

senderofan

Established Member
If you want other mods...like long tube headers...especially if they don't have cats...then Track Key is a no go. Some have had some success with long tubes with cats...but I think it's hit or miss if you get a "CEL". My biggest concern is whether the engine would be running lean. I think the wide bands can adjust within a certain range...but if you really start to increase flow...you'd want to make sure your A/F is in the safe range. Basically Track Key was designed to run on a stock motor set up. I've changed CAI, throttle body injectors and went with an X pipe. My custom tuner dialed in engine braking...similar to Track Key. I no longer have launch control and some of the other neat features found in Track Key......but I'm more than satisfied with the bump in power for the track.

Wayne

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread